Transfers with IU Interest

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

That twitter account has 189 followers. This looks like a prediction played off as inside knowledge. I think this guy is just looking for more followers.

And somebody can correct me if I’m wrong, but DeLoach isn’t even visiting until next week, right? ….If he even keeps his visit if a commitment of Ware comes to fruition.

If we get Ware and Ludlum, I’ll give everybody on this board $20 if DeLoach comes too.

*I’m not legally bound to fulfill promises made on HSN. 

FWIW - this guy was the first person to mention Michigan for Love when everyone here thought it was IU or maybe Missouri. So, who knows how he would have that kind of knowledge of so many schools but he seems to have some. Could have been a lucky guess but nobody was taking Michigan then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

FWIW - this guy was the first person to mention Michigan for Love when everyone here thought it was IU or maybe Missouri. So, who knows how he would have that kind of knowledge of so many schools but he seems to have some. Could have been a lucky guess but nobody was taking Michigan then. 

image.gif.2a8961a9abea4236aa58d4701a966e07.gif

• Haha 2

I don't see the need or fit for Malik, Sparks, Ware, Deloach and Ledlum. Wonder if Deloach moves on after Ware (and Ledlum?) becomes official... 

After Ware and (hopefully) Knecht, I think our big holes are filled and then we are just filling gaps and planning for the future. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

There is (was?) some mutual interest. Wonder if he was over recruited by Ware? 

That's my thought.  DeLoach is a name that's surfaced but it's got very little discussion. I suspect that if both Ware and Ledlum come, IU has no more interest in DeLoach.

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

There is (was?) some mutual interest. Wonder if he was over recruited by Ware? 

I’m not saying we wouldn’t take DeLoach if he wants to come, but in his interviews, he’s looking to get to the NBA. And whether me, you, Coach Woody, etc. thinks that dream is or isn’t realistic, it doesn’t matter. It matters what DeLoach thinks. And he needs playing time to make that dream a reality. I can’t imagine that he’d get the playing time he needs here.

Again, this is all assuming that Ware and Ledlum commit, but that rando tweet said all 3 are going to commit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’ve said it more than once. Deloach doesn’t do it for me. Shooting is not good and free throws are bad too. Good rebounder which we do need but with Sparks already here I don’t see the need.

Agreed…high energy..not a scoring threat…seems Sparks already filled that role. With Sparks and Ware in house it now comes down to adding shooting as the biggest priority needs for this roster. (Reoccurring theme for IU)

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

With the Ball State kid, Leslie, Ware and Knecht IF we got those three (my utmost hope), what would make the most sense for the last spot if my numbers are right?

If you mean Ledlum and not Leslie as I’m not sure who that is I’d say the final spot would be a combo/shooting guard with emphasis on shooting….but I would hold that spot for a late HS decommit or a high profile late transfer…it’s not like we are hurting for anything and we have plenty of our own kids that need minutes to develop. So if it goes unfilled I wouldn’t lose sleep.

Edited by dgambill

7 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

With the Ball State kid, Leslie, Ware and Knecht IF we got those three (my utmost hope), what would make the most sense for the last spot if my numbers are right?

aka Sparks

IF we get all those guys, my prediction is we haven’t even heard the name yet of the guy who would take the last spot. Maybe a lower D1 guy looking more for the opportunity to play some in the big time than to play big minutes lower down. In other words, I have a feeling the last spot might go to someone who won’t blow us away on paper but the staff see as a solid addition. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

IF we get all those guys, my prediction is we haven’t even heard the name yet of the guy who would take the last spot. Maybe a lower D1 guy looking more for the opportunity to play some in the big time than to play big minutes lower down. In other words, I have a feeling the last spot might go to someone who won’t blow us away on paper but the staff see as a solid addition. 

Someone mentioned Cormac Ryan.. 

Sparks, Ledlum, Ware, Knecht, and Ryan would be fantastic. Not overly sure Ryan as the 5th spot is realistic, but who knows if we have a connection. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with your post though. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If you mean Ledlum and not Leslie as I’m not sure who that is I’d say the final spot would be a combo/shooting guard with emphasis on shooting….but I would hold that spot for a late HS decommit or a high profile late transfer…it’s not like we are hurting for anything and we have plenty of our own kids that need minutes to develop. So if it goes unfilled I wouldn’t lose sleep.

Auto correct Ledlum 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Someone mentioned Cormac Ryan.. 

Sparks, Ledlum, Ware, Knecht, and Ryan would be fantastic. Not overly sure Ryan as the 5th spot is realistic, but who knows if we have a connection. 🤷‍♂️

I agree with your post though. 

Looked up the Ryan kid… 34% 3pt I’ll pass 🤦🏻‍♂️ if we need shooters for that last spot…