Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I keep waiting for Jacksonville to bring in Artis Gilmore and Pembrook Burrows to combat Edey, but... 

And I need CC on when Rapheal Davis is the analyst... 

There are very few decent analyst anymore.  There were a couple last night that couldn't even get the names right to the correct player during the game.

17 minutes ago, JW75 said:

There are very few decent analyst anymore.  There were a couple last night that couldn't even get the names right to the correct player during the game.

Before @Stlboiler23 got all bunged up, I was gonna say I didn't think Dane Fife was particularly good when I watched him do the MSU game...He had some good things to say (and you could understand him :) ) but he hates "dead air time." Talked waaay too much...Brian Butch too...He was actually pretty good last year I thought, but this year he had motor mouth...maybe it was because he was doing a Wisconsin game :) 

Hummel and Bardo are BTN's 2 best if they aren't doing Purdue or Illinois games respectively 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Posting here since other thread is locked. FAU AZ is by far the best game I’ve watched this year. Can you imagine if we had Johnell Davis on our roster? 

merry Christmas everyone!

Just made it in about 30 minutes ago and have been watching. Really good basketball here by both teams. .06 to go and FLA leads 96-95

Edit: FAU wins. This felt like a March game. Congrats to Dusty May and team. They will be in the hunt come March

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Ideally he moves to a stepping stone job where we can still get him.  Although it’s scary, somebody like Michigan could jump on him.  

I'm not so sure he needs/wants a "stepping stone" job. FAU seems like a pretty good gig to me.

IIRC he signed a 10 year extension. Woody's probably good for another 5-7 at least.

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Dusty May = the next Brad Stevens.  Hopefully he doesn’t get fully away the same way.  

Ideally he moves to a stepping stone job where we can still get him.  Although it’s scary, somebody like Michigan could jump on him.  

If he does get hired elsewhere, just sell him on being IU's Roy Williams.

That said, I want to see a few more seasons of sustained success before anointing him as the next Brad Stevens. He had a great season and NCAA run last year and his team looks good so far this year but can he sustain it? 

5 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

If he does get hired elsewhere, just sell him on being IU's Roy Williams.

That said, I want to see a few more seasons of sustained success before anointing him as the next Brad Stevens. He had a great season and NCAA run last year and his team looks good so far this year but can he sustain it? 

Understand what you’re saying, but I also don’t think there’s anybody who has ever coached that could take a school the level of Florida Atlantic on deep tournament runs and 35 win seasons every year.  But certainly would love to see him sustain a reasonable level of success.

4 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Understand what you’re saying, but I also don’t think there’s anybody who has ever coached that could take a school the level of Florida Atlantic on deep tournament runs and 35 win seasons every year.  But certainly would love to see him sustain a reasonable level of success.

I'm sure people said that about Gonzaga, too. It doesn't have to be that type of sustained success but at least at the top of their league instead of middle of the pack.

• Like 1