Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I gotta think this is all Underwood. He's had great teams but his coaching late in games has been suspect. 

My few Illini friends are on the Hey Underwood seriously after 7 years you keep melting as a coach down the stretch. Total control though for him. Haha.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I know we’ve flamed out early a few times the last few years but the arrogance of Illinois fans is off the charts for a program that hasn’t made the second weekend in almost 20 years. 

Underwood and Woodson have the same amount of NCAA Tourney wins. Of course one has been on the job more than double the time.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:07 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

I know we’ve flamed out early a few times the last few years but the arrogance of Illinois fans is off the charts for a program that hasn’t made the second weekend in almost 20 years. 

"a few times"

"a few times to double digit seeds"

"a few times to double digit seeds including the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history"

🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

"a few times"

"a few times to double digit seeds"

"a few times to double digit seeds including the biggest upset in NCAA tournament history"

🤣

Yeah those losses haven’t been good but even with them, Illinois doesn’t hold a candle to Purdue the last 20 years lol. Illinois fans would trade places with Purdue in a heartbeat. 

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah those losses haven’t been good but even with them, Illinois doesn’t hold a candle to Purdue the last 20 years lol. Illinois fans would trade places with Purdue in a heartbeat. 

And maybe you'll make a Final Four before the 50th anniversary of your last one.

And no I wouldn't make that trade. Last 18 or 19, probably. 😂

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Dusty May and Ohio State are in preliminary talks. Awesome stuff. 

“Of course, nothing is imminent right now. If IU fires Mike Woodson, that would also be an issue because May would jump at the chance to take that job instead. We’ll just have to wait and see how the rest of the season shakes out and what candidates will be available.”

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_basketball/articles/amp/buckeyes_in_talks_with_coach_about_ohio_state_basketball_head_coaching_job/s1_17374_40006905

• Like 2

Just a feeling but this Iowa at Illinois game has all the makings of something stupid happening today. By stupid I mean either both Coaches are T'd up or players get into it. Something odd. Iowa fighting for tourney, Illinois coming off another late game meltdown.

Just feels like a perfect storm of anger.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a feeling but this Iowa at Illinois game has all the makings of something stupid happening today. By stupid I mean either both Coaches are T'd up or players get into it. Something odd. Iowa fighting for tourney, Illinois coming off another late game meltdown.

Just feels like a perfect storm of anger.

Nope just a defense optional game haha. 

• Like 2