2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

Per Mike at TheDailyHoosier:

2025 guard Braylon has 2 IU visits coming this year, including Hoosier Hysteria. 

In one game this year, he scored a career-high 31 points on 12-for-14 shooting and 7-for-9 from 3-point range.

Edit:  corrected pic, below - sorry about that.

braylon m hsn.JPG

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2023 at 9:31 PM, Madison22 said:

Per Mike at TheDailyHoosier:

2025 guard Braylon has 2 IU visits coming this year, including Hoosier Hysteria. 

In one game this year, he scored a career-high 31 points on 12-for-14 shooting and 7-for-9 from 3-point range.

braylon hsn.JPG

That’s actually Dylan Moles in that picture, Braylon’s teammate who’s playing at Marion this upcoming year. I actually think Dylan could’ve went D1 as well. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up transferring after a year or two at Marion. Very skilled offensively.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 11:34 AM, Madison22 said:

"Mullins to visit September 19th. He will also be attending Hoosier Hysteria in October."

As a sophomore, he shot 47% from three.

More details and video on the 6'5" guard here:

https://hoosierillustrated.com/2025-in-state-guard-braylon-mullins-sets-indiana-basketball-unofficial-visit/

Coming Sept 23?

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/class-of-2025-guard-azavier-robinson-will-visit-iu-again-in-late-september/

I would take him in a heartbeat. He can really shoot the ball and has good athleticism. He’s also the best prospect to come out of the HHC conference since Sean McDermott and Kellen Dunham. If he could develop into something close to those guys then he’d be a great addition imo. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I would take him in a heartbeat. He can really shoot the ball and has good athleticism. He’s also the best prospect to come out of the HHC conference since Sean McDermott and Kellen Dunham. If he could develop into something close to those guys then he’d be a great addition imo. 

I live on Greenfield and I need to check out a few games

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I wanted Dunham at IU badly. Mullins seems like a top talent, but with all the '25 guards we're already on...??? 

Before anyone mentions it, this kid is better than Luke Brown 🙃

7 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

I wanted Dunham at IU badly. Mullins seems like a top talent, but with all the '25 guards we're already on...??? 

Before anyone mentions it, this kid is better than Luke Brown 🙃

He’s still one I’d take. He’d be a very good contributor and wouldn’t scare off any other elite guards that IU might go after.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I live on Greenfield and I need to check out a few games

He’s good. I’ve seen him several times over the last year and know one of his AAU coaches pretty well. He will be the entire focus of defenses that Greenfield plays against this year so that will be a little different compared to last year but he’s still very talented.

3 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I get this feeling IF we land some big fish this kid could be one of these we have to pass on and regret it for a few years. I hope we have and make room for him. Even if we get McNeely’s shooting. Having a great shooter that stays maybe a full four years is vital IMO

such a weird thing to wade thru these days. How much stock and effort do you want to put into a 4 year guy like this, or even a 3 star when we are after top 50 kids or higher that  may (probably) not stick around for 4 years.

Glad it's not my job and i can sit back and complain about everything on the couch picking potato chips out of my belly button :)

• Like 1

I think the only way you prioritize someone that will be here 3-4 years (over a 1 and done) is if they are good enough to give you good minutes for at least 2 or 3 of those years   Has to be better than someone we have had riding the bench for 3 years and not seeing the court. 

There is also the worry about the transfer portal.  You would rather have these guys transfer in and get them when they have experience over having them transfer out after trying to get them experience.   So would have to make a determination on whether or not they would stay for their entire career.  Otherwise you are better off transfer portal shopping. 

I think top teams are going to focus mostly on 1 and dones and transfers for most of the spots.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I get this feeling IF we land some big fish this kid could be one of these we have to pass on and regret it for a few years. I hope we have and make room for him. Even if we get McNeely’s shooting. Having a great shooter that stays maybe a full four years is vital IMO

McNeely could easily be gone after 1 year so even if we land both the chances are they wouldn't play together.

• Like 1