IUWBB Updates

FWIW-- I think we have a serious chance to be better this year, than last..

Bargesser already appears to be a completely different player, Currie Jelks transfer is huge, she adds different elements to our team... 

Continued development from the rest of last season's FR-- Garzon, Sandvik (who's playing very well in Europe right now), and Lilly Meister. 

Julianna LaMendola, Lenee Beaumont are FR this season both seem to be integrated already with their mins overseas. 

I haven't mentioned the 3 All Conf performers (Parrish, Scalia, and CMM) and the All American (Holmes). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Someone let us know Scalia's status as soon as you hear it. I'm real excited for this team, depth could be a real difference over last season, when it was largely a rotation of just six. That depth gets tested quick if Scalia's out for significant time.

The video seemed very... non significant. We'll see. 

I think we will see another level to SS game this season, more than just a spot up shooter (but she's a lethal one). 

17 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I like Scalia as she doesn't get the hype the others do but quietly does her job

Yep! I have some admiration for her.. willing to go from Option A at Minnesota (and many schools).. to option D, E, or F sometimes at IU last year, but trading the shot attempts/points in for winning, imo says plenty about an athlete. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would love to know if Guyton’s daughter was not recruited by IU or if she was not interested in IU.  I mean Iowa is a great program but why no pursuit of someone with Hoosier legend in her blood.  Maybe it was type of player or scheme, just found it odd.

I would guess, unless they reached out to IU, that CTM didn’t even think about it. Prob didn’t cross paths. Can’t recruit or see everybody.

3 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

No one in the athletic department knew Guyton had a top 50 daughter playing hoops?  I don’t buy that at all.

No one in the athletic department is telling CTM who or how to recruit. Maybe she doesn’t fit what CTM is looking for, or too many kids at her spot….. there could be numerous reasons. If she’s a top 50 kid, there has to be a reason. Maybe she wasn’t interested in IU. 🤷🏻‍♂️

15 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would love to know if Guyton’s daughter was not recruited by IU or if she was not interested in IU.  I mean Iowa is a great program but why no pursuit of someone with Hoosier legend in her blood.  Maybe it was type of player or scheme, just found it odd.

i read somewhere IU never really pursued her.

11 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

No one in the athletic department is telling CTM who or how to recruit. Maybe she doesn’t fit what CTM is looking for, or too many kids at her spot….. there could be numerous reasons. If she’s a top 50 kid, there has to be a reason. Maybe she wasn’t interested in IU. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah that’s why I asked the original question.  Just curious if this was both sides or one side and why the lack of interest if one side wasn’t interested.  Each kid is going to charge their own both but it seems like there wasn’t even a chance.  Just found it odd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

i read somewhere IU never really pursued her.

Right, I saw that as well.  If that is the case would love to know why.  Offensive fit?  Mutual?  Didn’t fit with current and future team/commits at her position?  We likely won’t ever know but again it just seems like a no brainer to at least kick the tires.

Then again we got home state kids heading to UConn so maybe it’s still just as good as IU has been they won’t win them all against some of these historically elite schools.

Edited by iuthruandthru

19 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I would guess, unless they reached out to IU, that CTM didn’t even think about it. Prob didn’t cross paths. Can’t recruit or see everybody.

Oh they did. Moren decided not to recruit her. Reading between the lines a bit, Moren wasn't a fan of her size or lack thereof..... I believe and that is mostly a guess.... from reading some stuff different places/putting 2+2 together. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Right, I saw that as well.  If that is the case would love to know why.  Offensive fit?  Mutual?  Didn’t fit with current and future team/commits at her position?  We likely won’t ever know but again it just seems like a no brainer to at least kick the tires.

Then again we got home state kids heading to UConn so maybe it’s still just as good as IU has been they won’t win them all against some of these historically elite schools.

She doesn't seem to fit what they want in a player. 

Edited by btownqb

5 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

That probably makes the most sense

Morens commented she likes taller guards and AJ made some snide comments last year. Pretty sure I have that dialed up correctly. 

I would also highly question any label/ranking that's given to girls HS bball players.  And I don't just mean that in Guytons case.  Even our own.  Don't buy it until you see them play. 

They aren't good at ranking the boys, I feel they're even worse at the girls. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...