IUWBB Updates

9 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

See if any of this sounds familiar.  IU goes an the road against a good team and gets curb stomped on National TV, because:

• They can’t shoot
  • They turn the ball over
  • They can’t hit free throws
  • They can’t defend the three 
  • They can’t match the energy level of the opponent.
  • Some “unknown” player has a career night

WTH, is this crap contagious?

Nah. This team won convincingly at Nebraska and beat Tennessee and Princeton in Fort Myers. They had this game at six at the half, could have been closer without some late tough Iowa shots.  They didn't play their best in the first, but clearly ran out of gas in the second, having flown in earlier that day.

This team's only losses have been on the road, against two of the top five teams in the sport. Neither loss has been particularly close, and that stings, but the outcome was not unexpected, even for a good team like Indiana.

I'm totally with @Hoosier4Life53, we'll take them down in Assembly Hall.

• Like 2

I am a little more concerned. We have played 2 top levels teams (sorry, Tennessee and Princeton are not top level) and got major curb stomped both times.

I think we crush average teams. Beat good teams, and that may currently be our limit.

The elite teams sort of run us out of the gym.

I absolutely love this team. But it just seems a little something is missing to be at that very rop level.

We are probably ranked fairly in that 15-25 range right now.

And if the ladies figure it out, we can be even better than that. 

3 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Nah. This team won convincingly at Nebraska and beat Tennessee and Princeton in Fort Myers. They had this game at six at the half, could have been closer without some late tough Iowa shots.  They didn't play their best in the first, but clearly ran out of gas in the second, having flown in earlier that day.

This team's only losses have been on the road, against two of the top five teams in the sport. Neither loss has been particularly close, and that stings, but the outcome was not unexpected, even for a good team like Indiana.

I'm totally with @Hoosier4Life53, we'll take them down in Assembly Hall.

The outcome was completely unexpected for me.  We lost to them last year in Iowa on a buzzer beater 3 from Clark.  That wouldn’t have been unexpected, but the absolute beat down was.  Like Bluegrass, I love this team, and enjoy them more than the men most nights, but I’m beginning to think the ceiling is a littler lower than I had originally expected.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Muddy River said:

See if any of this sounds familiar.  IU goes an the road against a good team and gets curb stomped on National TV, because:

• They can’t shoot
  • They turn the ball over
  • They can’t hit free throws
  • They can’t defend the three 
  • They can’t match the energy level of the opponent.
  • Some “unknown” player has a career night

WTH, is this crap contagious?

The difference is this was an atypical performance from the women's team. We've come to expect a lot of these problems from the men's program. The women are a lot better than what we saw last night. 

52 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The difference is this was an atypical performance from the women's team. We've come to expect a lot of these problems from the men's program. The women are a lot better than what we saw last night. 

I am not so sure they are. Hope I am wrong. But this is becoming a bit of the norm against the top teams 

We miss Grace even more that i feared we would.

• Like 1

I’ve seen many of their games.  They are legitimately as good as their ranking.  Michigan, Penn State, and Nebraska are all good teams.  Women’s basketball, though, has a lot less parity than men’s basketball.  The “top level” has fewer teams and there is more separation between them and the rest of the field.  We were maybe close to that level last year, at least for a while.  This year?  We’re certainly good enough to make the Sweet 16, maybe Elite 8 depending on our draw.  But we are, at least right now, not on South Carolina’s level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Lead PUke by 2 at the half 

PU was very hot in the 1Q, but only ended up scoring 8 points in the 2Q. At one point they were shooting 83% from the field and was out rebounding us 13-1. And Parrish is out this game due to a leg injury.

On the other hand… IU is made 9-12 from the 3 and lit up the 2Q. CMM and SS have been playing pretty well, although Holmes has been shut down.