IUWBB Updates

25 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Great news. No harm done while she was out, and the run for bench players like Lenee, Lexi and Jules could pay off down the line for this starter-heavy team.

Absolutely-- I think you could argue we might be better with Syd off the bench. Still playing 24-35mpg... but kind of to balance skill sets. 

I am not 100% Talia's tweet means Syd is back immediately (hope I'm wrong), Aaron BTBers usually has the goods on the info and he thought, 2 weeks ago, it would be closer to the end of Feb. We'll see. 

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

IU dominati g the 2nd quarter. Looked especially good on the defensive end.

Halftime:

IU 37.   tOSU 32

Up 5 at halftime  2nd half not underway yet 

Ragged 1st quarter. Solid, fast paced 2nd quarter 

When we struggled against their press, we fell behind. When we handled the press, we went on an extended run.

That seems to be the key so far.

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yep.

Eventually fell behind by 14. Late rally wasn't enough. 

IU takes its 2nd conference loss of the season and not sits in 3rd place.

If they even just knock off 10 points from what OSU scored in the 3rd might be a different ball game, but I’m sure some people thought we wouldn’t win any games without Syd in the lineup. 

IU Women BBall win by 3 over MSU.

The classic B1G refereeing evidence (men vrs women doesnt' matter). 12 seconds to go, Scalia sure appeared to double dribble and no call but draws a foul. The MSU player looked directly at the ref, signaled a Double dribble call and mouthed..... "She double dribbled, you saw it and you didn't call it". .... seemed pretty obvious to me and I am IU biased 100% !  

Totally polite and then moved on. Exactly like she was scripted to call it out but not too loudly. 

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Damn. I missed a real good one, it seems. They're going to get me to pay for Peacock next year, unfortunately. 

No you won't. $5 per year is to much for you all. Hate Peacock all you want, but don't ever use the "cost" as the excuse. You just hate being forced into this mutlitierd TV bullshit. 

I don't disagree with the cost being a (very small) part, .....but it aint because it cost a left testicle. It's becaue you are forced, to multiple different small cost channels. It's a total BS $$$ scheme, I agree. 

Forget the TV. attend the games ! be there in person.  

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Scalia never caught the ball cleanly. Gathered it and then dribbled. Did not see a double dribble. This was after five fouls on a jump ball call and Scalia probably fouled on the attempted catch you are talking about. Obviously just my opinion too and I am biased. 

Who you responding to?

Holmes with 28 tonight. By my count that means she needs 17 to pass Tyra Buss and become the leading scorer in program history. Her big night tonight means it could happen as early as the next game, against Purdue in Assembly Hall!

In most cases I'd say it's not the same, since Mackenzie got a fifth year due to Covid, but Tyra married Brad Davison so I'm happy with Mack taking her place in the record book.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Re: Sara's "double dribble". I too, thought the first reach and one dribble to get control of a loose ball, was not an official possession and dribble. The drive (with multiple dribbles) IMO was her first and only official dribble.

Moore-McNeal was accosted by 3 MSU players, probably fouled at least 4-6 times and the dumbass refs call a jump ball.

Camera angle was 25' away and it was multiple fouls plain as day. 

• Like 1

Last night was an all time classic game. We were really pretty poor for 2.5Qs and then we finally found a way to string some stops together. 

CMM is a beast 10p 11r 10a 

Garzon was really good. 

We had 25 assists to 10 TOs 

MSU was 12-18 from 3 and we were still able to find a way. 

10 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Damn. I missed a real good one, it seems. They're going to get me to pay for Peacock next year, unfortunately. 

Check out Austin Render on the girls radio!! I've been listening to him for 2-3 years during IU baseball games, and I know this isn't something I should bring up, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Austin replaces Don Fischer, eventually.