IUWBB Updates

2 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Damn, Mac yelling “Thank You” to the crowd got me in the feels.

You know what is refreshing about the ladies in contrast to the men?  One program seems to have an unearned sense of entitlement about who/what they are and the other a sense of gratitude for recognition of what many of those young women have helped build themselves.

They weren't just going through the motions tonight.  Whomever is our answer on the men's side going into the future really needs to look at the way the culture has been built up under Moren.  I hope they find some NIL money to support her program.

• Like 8

Women looked good. They can really shoot it. So much more fun watching more of a 1 in, 4 out type offense, or at least having four on the floor at the same time that can play the perimeter. 

Clark had an off night, but man she can play. Almost had a triple double anyway. Her passing ability is unreal. Definitely the best women’s player I’ve ever seen. 

I was embarrassed for the officials in this game. What a horrid job they did. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I liked it when Holmes stuffed Stuelke and then let her hear about it, and when Clark got mouthy after a foul and Garzon dished it back. Sensing that you're rooting for the tougher team is a terrific feeling. 

It seemed like all of it got in Clark’s head and she couldn’t handle it!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As part of an NIL deal here in iowa, she has her own cereal that you can purchase.

You have no idea how big of deal she is in Iowa.  She is a HUGE draw for anything she does.  

Oh.  I was like no way that was at Assembly last night.  Iowa corn feds can eat that crap.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Oh.  I was like no way that was at Assembly last night.  Iowa corn feds can eat that crap.  

Almost every game at Carver for the woman's is sold out and ticket get really expensive.  As much as i do not like her personally, she is good for women's basketball in general.  There are so many young kids here in iowa that want to play basketball now because of her.  Still don't like her myself.

• Like 3

Thank you Lady Hoosiers and Coach Moren and staff for a great birthday present. You exhibit what Indiana Basketball is all about. I am very proud of this team their accomplishments and looking forward to the stretch run. A fun exciting fundamentally sound hard working great shooting team. Lots and lots to like. Lotta heart on display in Assembly Hall and that is the type of response Hoosier Nation gives to quality basketball. Thank you that was a fun night. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Almost every game at Carver for the woman's is sold out and ticket get really expensive.  As much as i do not like her personally, she is good for women's basketball in general.  There are so many young kids here in iowa that want to play basketball now because of her.  Still don't like her myself.

Can't remember what happened a few years ago that stuck in my crawl but she hit a game winner or something and instead of celebrating with her teammates she jumped up on the scorers table and was like the douche bag popping bottles and celebrating by themselves with no friends.  

She has improved from an optics perspective in that regards.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can't remember what happened a few years ago that stuck in my crawl but she hit a game winner or something and instead of celebrating with her teammates she jumped up on the scorers table and was like the douche bag popping bottles and celebrating by themselves with no friends.  

She has improved from an optics perspective in that regards.   

Her arrogance is why i don't like her.  She is an antagonist and i don't like that in winners.  Marvin Harrison was my favorite great player.  Never talked shit.  Just went out and made you look stupid and then jogged back to the huddle.  If CC was humble and just destroyed you and the just walked off the court head held high, i would be a fan.  I don't like dbags, I don't care if they play for my team or not.  Just me though

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

According to the national media it’s just only for Iowa and Clark. Keep moving on, nothing to see here 🤷‍♂️

A ton of IU fans and our fans support this team well but in all fairness. The arena attendance record for a womens game has been broken in every away game for Iowa the past 2 years minus 2 games. thats pretty impressive. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A ton of IU fans and our fans support this team well but in all fairness. The arena attendance record for a womens game has been broken in every away game for Iowa the past 2 years minus 2 games. thats pretty impressive. 

Its very impressive.  Great for womens sports.  And honestly she is a great off the court young women.  Its her on court persona that i really can't stand

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I completely agree, but I’m worried we’re going to see the Usain Bolt/Michael Phelps effect. They were both huge and brought their sport new audiences. Their sports did a good job of marketing them and nothing else to keep those fans. Everything is marketed as the Caitlin Clark show without any real mention of anyone else. 

1 minute ago, BeerBQ said:

I completely agree, but I’m worried we’re going to see the Usain Bolt/Michael Phelps effect. They were both huge and brought their sport new audiences. Their sports did a good job of marketing them and nothing else to keep those fans. Everything is marketed as the Caitlin Clark show without any real mention of anyone else. 

Oh for sure, as soon as she leave and is drafted, ticket sales will drop alot and Carver will go back to being mostly empty again.  Which does suck, currently women's basketball is top notch entertainment.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Very impressive by the Ladies, too bad the national media only said the reason it was a sellout due to Clark

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Oh for sure, as soon as she leave and is drafted, ticket sales will drop alot and Carver will go back to being mostly empty again.  Which does suck, currently women's basketball is top notch entertainment.

It’s been very entertaining. I’m worried next year the whole media will lose interest and just move on. 

Iowa fans could have an interesting year. Without her I’m not sure they’re anything special. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As part of an NIL deal here in iowa, she has her own cereal that you can purchase.

You have no idea how big of deal she is in Iowa.  She is a HUGE draw for anything she does.  

She is in national State Farm commercials.  That’s crazy to me, you rarely see WNBA players in commercials let alone a current college women’s player.