IUWBB Updates

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

It's their spacing that I love. Shooters all across the floor, with an All American in the post. I'll miss Scalia's effortless stroke after this season, but with Garzon, Parrish, and CMM that spacing should still be there.

Spacing and no standing.  They are always moving on drives, screens, motion, etc.  1 big and four shooters on the outside.  Who would of known.

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Maybe. It will depend on what other projected 4/5 seeds do this week. The Iowa w should help.

Only one projected 5 seed is still playing I think. The rest have already lost. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

"Lost without Holmes" Is a bad sign.

Shes not here next season.

Yeah I have been wondering that for next year.  Garzon and Parrish will need to step up, but I think Chloe needs to be that voice and physical leader.  Moren has also done a great job with the portal and hopefully that continues.

8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

"Lost without Holmes" Is a bad sign.

Shes not here next season.

I'm brought to mind the Tom Moore quote when asked why they don't practice without Peyton Manning. The response was "we don't practice fucked". This is Mack's team, built around her and complemented to maximize her efficient work in the post. This team isn't designed to play five out, and it showed yesterday in their game planning. 

Next year Lilly Meister can take over for Holmes. She's not an All American, but she's better than what she was able to give tonight, on a bum ankle. I also think Moren having a full offseason to design an offense without Holmes is far different than a few days immediately after an injury.

• Like 2