IUWBB Updates

59 minutes ago, hoosierfan615 said:

Hopefully the men and CMW are watching!

I kept hoping for a TV shot of some of the men's players or coaches in the stands to support the ladies. Was not surprised that they didn't show any of them. Did anyone here attend the game, and did you see any support from the men's team there?

Sara Scalia hit her 100th three of the season today, extending her record for most in any Indiana Women's season. She's making 43.5% on 230 attempts. Scalia is a star, and she'll be missed next season every bit as much as Mack.

I don't often like comparing the women to the men. I think the former should be appreciated in their own right. But this stat illustrates well why the women are a better watch than the men: Mackenzie Mgbako is the only men's player to even attempt more than the 100 threes Sara has made in fewer games (Trey Galloway took exactly 100).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Sara Scalia hit her 100th three of the season today, extending her record for most in any Indiana Women's season. She's making 43.5% on 230 attempts. Scalia is a star, and she'll be missed next season every bit as much as Mack.

I don't often like comparing the women to the men. I think the former should be appreciated in their own right. But this stat illustrates well why the women are a better watch than the men: Mackenzie Mgbako is the only men's player to even attempt more than the 100 threes Sara has made in fewer games (Trey Galloway took exactly 100).

Yeah I hope she gets a transfer portal player to replace Scalia and to replace Holmes. I’d love the girl from holy cross who had one year of eligibility left and just had 19 vs Iowa. She shoote 40% from three

5 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Yeah I hope she gets a transfer portal player to replace Scalia and to replace Holmes. I’d love the girl from holy cross who had one year of eligibility left and just had 19 vs Iowa. She shoote 40% from three

I think you have to trust your ability to cultivate your own. You keep passing over your own recruits by bringing in outside players you will lose them.

3 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Good Game! Onto the next!

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think you have to trust your ability to cultivate your own. You keep passing over your own recruits by bringing in outside players you will lose them.

But what recruits do we have coming in for next season? Also no one this year proved they were really ready to replace Scalia or Holmes. I understand Holmes backup isn’t terrible but there isn’t much parity in the womens game so if you want to keep advancing beyond sweet 16 you have to bring in some top experienced players. Kentucky is a perfect example. 

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But what recruits do we have coming in for next season? Also no one this year proved they were really ready to replace Scalia or Holmes. I understand Holmes backup isn’t terrible but there isn’t much parity in the womens game so if you want to keep advancing beyond sweet 16 you have to bring in some top experienced players. Kentucky is a perfect example. 

Players improve from year to year in this program, so returning players will be better next year than they are this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Players improve from year to year in this program, so returning players will be better next year than they are this year.

Totally agree. We've got several freshman that have shown some flashes of brilliance from time to time this year. With more playing time next year, I feel those flashes become far more consistent. CTM knows what she's doing and I believe that while we might start off a little worse next year, by the end of the season we'll be right back in the thick of it again.

IF...the gals can get by Okla, they are really gonna have to defend and shoot lites out against SC.

SC has 2-3 gals that shoot as good as Sara.

And they are playing great defense. Also have their own version of Edey.

• Like 1

Just watched both of the IU/Okla pressers.

Both coaches implied that the beginning of the game will be paramount. Okla coach also implied they can be very very good, or just average. Obviously of late, they've been very good.

Hope the our ladies dominate, not just compete.

• Like 2