IUWBB Updates

1 hour ago, NAHoosier62 said:

Press Conference: South Carolina vs. Indiana Postgame - 2024 NCAA Tournament (youtube.com)

I think the Indiana portion starts around 30:00 minute mark.  Have tissues ready.

Not gonna listen. No need. Nothing needs to be said to change my pride for what these ladies did. I’m more impressed that these ladies are our next gen leaders! 
hey, @karenredenbaugh… would you agree? 
I couldn’t be more happy or proud!!! 

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

PROUD to call them Hoosiers!! 

I agree. Man that one three that was taken away on the illegal screen, the two free throws that Holmes missed and the one the Chloe missed were the ball game. They should take the million they gave $*%*% and give to Coach Moren. She deserves it, he deserves a million dollar pay cut. 

Edit: please watch the name calling.  -blue

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I agree. Man that one three that was taken away on the illegal screen, the two free throws that Holmes missed and the one the Chloe missed were the ball game. They should take the million they gave $*%*% and give to Coach Moren. She deserves it, he deserves a million dollar pay cut. 

Edit: please watch the name calling.  -blue

Blue has advise me that I should reply.. 

that seems reasonable, could be better, maybe worse, but who could tell? 
great effort, some good luck, some back luck, ladies, no one is allowed to be an obnoxious fan pulling for you, or we get canceled. 
in 6th grade language, ladies I’m super duper proud of you!! 

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Blue has advise me that I should reply.. 

that seems reasonable, could be better, maybe worse, but who could tell? 
great effort, some good luck, some back luck, ladies, no one is allowed to be an obnoxious fan pulling for you, or we get canceled. 
in 6th grade language, ladies I’m super duper proud of you!! 

Alright, you gave had your fun. Let it go.

F bombs never have and never will be allowed on the board. And you o ow that. Not sure why you are being like this, but just let it go please.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

F bombs never have and never will be allowed on the board. And you o ow that. Not sure why you are being like this, but just let go please.

I know. I gave in, in the previous post. 

im done now.

but dadgum it was fun for a bit!! 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Not criticizing at all but why not a fan of women’s basketball?  I have both men’s and women’s season tickets and typically really enjoy both except the men are making me question it. 

Game is just a lot slower and less athletic as a whole. But I enjoyed watching this IU team play. They played smart, moved well on offense, and shot it really well all year. They really competed. You could tell they didn’t handle losing well and I enjoy watching athletes like that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

F bombs never have and never will be allowed on the board. And you o ow that. Not sure why you are being like this, but just let it go please.

I was just excited and proud for our ladies. Considering they never get the notoriety that they deserve, I went full scale against the rules to draw attention. If I die on the cross and people start to understand that old school  IU basketball is alive and well in the Women's team............... Then I'm ok with that.

But I also understand your rules and appreciate them. I am now back to vanilla. .... But Chocolate was fun for 3 or 4  post !! I'm not gonna lie.

GO LADY HOOSIERS !!!  

30 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Well, they almost did it, but just came up a little bit short….congrats on another great season!

There is no doubt, they had the gamecocksuckers sweating it!

The Hoosier Ladies did us and themselves proud once again !  LFG CTM !

I really think if they had another minute or two, we would've had them. Just too much to do too late. The Raven Johnson three was the key play, she misses that I bet things go differently. Amazing halftime adjustment, both coach and players. I'm disappointed we won't see Mack or Sara wear the uniform again, but have a ton of confidence in Teri Moran and the program going forward. Can't wait to see what's next.

• Like 2

Another incredible season. 

CTM: 

26-6 

28-4 

24-9 (Holmes missed 10 games) 

21-6

24-8

------ 123-33 the last 5 seasons. One season ended by covid... the last 4 years-- 2 Sweet 16s (lost to UCONN on their home court, SC last night), 1 Elite 8 (AZ beat us)... and obviously last years debacle... 

We will have finished Top 20 for a 5th straight year. 

• Like 5

On 3/30/2024 at 12:40 PM, iuthruandthru said:

Two bigs coming in. The Indian Creek girl seems primed to take over Macks spot eventually.  Terri always seems to find some great portal players.  Need one or two if anyone leaves to open a scholly.

I don't think either 2024 recruit will be ready for next season. I feel you go hard in the portal for the best big girl you can find... Parrish and Scalia were BIG fish in the portal, and Currie-Jelks was last year. 

Currie-Jelks, Meister, Garzon, two FR.... if you added one more starter level big, I think you'd have a great amount of depth in the front court. 

LaMendola, Beaumont need to take steps in their games going into next year. Those two, CMM, Bargesser, and Parrish playing spots 1-3. You have Sandvik, as well. Obviously, you could add in the portal here, but I like those first 5 a lot. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:20 AM, btownqb said:

Another incredible season. 

CTM: 

26-6 

28-4 

24-9 (Holmes missed 10 games) 

21-6

24-8

------ 123-33 the last 5 seasons. One season ended by covid... the last 4 years-- 2 Sweet 16s (lost to UCONN on their home court, SC last night), 1 Elite 8 (AZ beat us)... and obviously last years debacle... 

We will have finished Top 20 for a 5th straight year. 

When some ask about what our expectations are for the men’s team, I’d say: THIS.

-Mid 20 win seasons.
-Make it to the 2nd weekend more times than we don’t make it.
-Top 3 or 4 in the B1G
-Best player gets injured? We still have enough depth to push through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

When some ask about what our expectations are for the men’s team, I’d say: THIS.

-Mid 20 win seasons.
-Make it to the 2nd weekend more times than we don’t make it.
-Top 3 or 4 in the B1G
-Best player gets injured? We still have enough depth to push through.

Easier to do in women's basketball, but yes, I agree. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think either 2024 recruit will be ready for next season. I feel you go hard in the portal for the best big girl you can find... Parrish and Scalia were BIG fish in the portal, and Currie-Jelks was last year. 

Currie-Jelks, Meister, Garzon, two FR.... if you added one more starter level big, I think you'd have a great amount of depth in the front court. 

LaMendola, Beaumont need to take steps in their games going into next year. Those two, CMM, Bargesser, and Parrish playing spots 1-3. You have Sandvik, as well. Obviously, you could add in the portal here, but I like those first 5 a lot. 

I believe we have two spots left so I say we replace Scalia and Holmes with starters that can pop right in.

7 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I believe we have two spots left so I say we replace Scalia and Holmes with starters that can pop right in.

We have more than two spots left. I don't think we need to replace Scalia with portal, maybe though.  Women get 15 schollies. 

I wish I knew more about the Currie-Jelks situation. 

Edited by btownqb

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We have more than two spots left. I don't think we need to replace Scalia with portal, maybe though.  Women get 15 schollies. 

I wish I knew more about the Currie-Jelks situation. 

Oh I didn’t know they get 15 interesting…. I’ll be honest I don’t even know who that is