IUWBB Updates

Proud of the effort yesterday. Easily could have gone the other way but they fought to the finish. Those seniors deserve to be on the big stage at the sweet 16. 

The next game is tough. It will take a giant effort, but I wouldn't rule out the upset.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GoHoosiers97 said:

It was the best IU basketball game we've been to all year.  What a night! 😍

Iowa was pretty special but this one is right up there for sure.  Wish I had as much fun at men's games. Sigh.

• Like 1

Scalia upon transferring mentioned she wanted to play in big time games, win at a high level, etc. 

Remember-- Sara was a 2nd team All B1G performer at Minny. She gave up the Batman role to be a part of what IUWBB has become. 

I always thought that was pretty cool. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Scalia upon transferring mentioned she wanted to play in big time games, win at a high level, etc. 

Remember-- Sara was a 2nd team All B1G performer at Minny. She gave up the Batman role to be a part of what IUWBB has become. 

I always thought that was pretty cool. 

She'll get her chance against S. Carolina. She'll probably have to score 25+ (a lot of threes obviously) for them to have a shot. These upper echelon teams are physically tough. You have to shoot lights out to minimizing the banging and open it up underneath for Mack. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrsStoller said:

My 82-yr-old mom was able to watch the game Monday night on ESPN and I just LOVE THAT!! She watched the entire game and told me her heart was beating so hard at the end “Whew!”  Our whole family is watching and I love it.

Called my dad yesterday, the first thing he said "Haven't been that nervous in a while" lol 

• Like 1

Just now, DWB said:

Me?... Or the game? (you better say game....lol)

Not you silly! Playing the game at that time is really stupid. S. Carolina is the best team IU is a very good team with a lot of interest. Play this game at a normal time and you'd probably get more viewers than some of the men's games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking ahead I know they lose a lot of key players. What I don't know much about is their recruiting. I understand the best teams in the country have more size a more skilled players across their rosters. Is IU one or two elite recruits or transfers away from a title run? 

35 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not you silly! Playing the game at that time is really stupid. S. Carolina is the best team IU is a very good team with a lot of interest. Play this game at a normal time and you'd probably get more viewers than some of the men's games. 

I saw the TV schedule and they are having the 4 games in Friday on at different times.

2:30 

5:00 

7:30

10:00

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DWB said:

Just checked and what a lousy time for the IU/SC game 5 pm on Friday. Guess they don't want to interfere with the Men's games, but geeze.....

Wonder what the viewership will be for the Women’s NC State game at 7:30 vs the Men’s NC State game at 7:00?🤷‍♂️