IUWBB Updates

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

?stop the clock?

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

FTs…

But you're only down 3... Play D and get a steal...

Just putting even a marginal FT shooter at the line in that situation makes no sense to me

Edited by IUFLA

Either way, that was one hell of a game and season. Congrats ladies, you just exposed a VERY VERY talented team. You have nothing to not be proud of, after this game ! 2-3 posessions with the ball bouncing a different way, you move on. MINUSCULE margin of error against that team.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But you're only down 3... Play D and get a steal...

Just putting even a marginal FT shooter at the line in that situation makes no sense to me

Nope. Only 5 second difference on clocks. If they run it down and score it’s game over. Have to extend the game

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Nope. Only 5 second difference on clocks. If they run it down and score it’s game over. Have to extend the game

You'll never convince me that giving them 2 chances to make it a 2 possession game when you don't have to is a good idea.

And if you get the stop, you can call timeout and get the ball at half court at your end, right? 

Edited by IUFLA

I will not be surprised if we see the latest undefeated team with a championship out of that gamecocksucker team. They are that good and our Hoosiers had them experiencing extreme undesired crack sweat down the stretch. 

Proud of our team, proud of CTMFM, Keep building, just keep building.. You are sooo very very close.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You'll never convince me that giving them 2 chances to make it a 2 possession game when you don't have to is a good idea.

And if you get the stop, you can call timeout and get the ball at half court at your end, right? 

It was the right strategy. SC went 1-2 twice, keeping IU in it. IU just didn’t hit shots at the end. 

• Like 5

Ladies should hold their heads high. Not a fan of women’s basketball, but they were fun to watch. They didn’t stop moving on offense (get a lot of good looks), played smart, and worked hard on the defensive end. They were toast early in the second half, but didn’t quit. When you can make threes you’re never out of it. S. Carolina was rattled and out-smarted. If we only had a couple more minutes. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Ladies should hold their heads high. Not a fan of women’s basketball, but they were fun to watch. They didn’t stop moving on offense (get a lot of good looks), played smart, and worked hard on the defensive end. They were toast early in the second half, but didn’t quit. When you can make threes you’re never out of it. S. Carolina was rattled and out-smarted. If we only had a couple more minutes. 

Not criticizing at all but why not a fan of women’s basketball?  I have both men’s and women’s season tickets and typically really enjoy both except the men are making me question it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It was the right strategy. SC went 1-2 twice, keeping IU in it. IU just didn’t hit shots at the end. 

Disagree... both time hitting just one of two made it a 2 possession game... Especially citing the fact they get 2 FTs and not one and one... 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Disagree... both time hitting just one of two made it a 2 possession game... Especially citing the fact they get 2 FTs and not one and one... 

Right but the way IU was hitting threes it gave them a chance. SC goes up 4, a three makes it one. Foul again they make one or two and a three means a win or OT. No foul and Cardozo scores with 7 seconds left to go up 5 and it’s over. No perfect strategy, but Moren played it right 

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Right but the way IU was hitting threes it gave them a chance. SC goes up 4, a three makes it one. Foul again they make one or two and a three means a win or OT. No foul and Cardozo scores with 7 seconds left to go up 5 and it’s over. No perfect strategy, but Moren played it right 

Or hold them and have to make one 3 to tie at the end...