IUWBB Updates

13 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Now we just need someone to replace Holmes and Scalia. Don’t think any of the bench players are ready for that type of production. 

Feels like the girl from Buffalo has Holmes size and decent numbers.  Not sure the size of the girl from trafalgar.  Feels like Scalia might be hardest to replace but coach has done a great portal job the last few years.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Feels like the girl from Buffalo has Holmes size and decent numbers.  Not sure the size of the girl from trafalgar.  Feels like Scalia might be hardest to replace but coach has done a great portal job the last few years.

I think her coaching u18 USA team will have to help us I’d think 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Ladies won.  Nice sweep of Maryland today.  They have the 3 seed in the BTT.

Holmes got hurt as did her backup.  No reports on how serious either one is.

I was at the game with my daughter Mack came back to the bench late in the 4th with no noticeable limp. Lilly for sure  has a sprained ankle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's game day! Big Ten Tournament starts tonight against Michigan, around 9:00 PM EST. 

No official word on the status of Mack or Meister, but Lilly was at least walking unassisted to the plane in a video posted yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if Mack gets some load management to prep for the NCAA Tournament.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

It's game day! Big Ten Tournament starts tonight against Michigan, around 9:00 PM EST. 

No official word on the status of Mack or Meister, but Lilly was at least walking unassisted to the plane in a video posted yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if Mack gets some load management to prep for the NCAA Tournament.

I would sit Mack this game and I agree load management on Saturday and potentially Sunday.  I would even be ok sitting her this weekend and focus on NCAA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

In a stunner, Maryland knocks off top seeded Ohio State 82-61. OSU's press has given us fits the last two years, though we wouldn't have met until the championship game in this year's tournament.

Wow

2 hours ago, Maedhros said:

In a stunner, Maryland knocks off top seeded Ohio State 82-61. OSU's press has given us fits the last two years, though we wouldn't have met until the championship game in this year's tournament.

Maryland's 21-point win over No. 4 Ohio State is the largest margin of victory this century by an unranked team in a conference tournament game against a team ranked in the top five of AP Poll (men's or women's).
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Lilly Meister into the game before Mackenzie Holmes. A surprise, but hopefully due to Moren playing it safe with her star, rather than an indicator of Mack's availability.

Moren said before the game Mack is available if they absolutely need her. I think she’s saving her more for the ncaa. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Lilly Meister into the game before Mackenzie Holmes. A surprise, but hopefully due to Moren playing it safe with her star, rather than an indicator of Mack's availability.

Im not sure of the status Macs knee but we will need her vs Iowa. 

2 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Women’s team is a fun team to watch with all their movement.  Moren and the women’s team deserve the bag.  

It's their spacing that I love. Shooters all across the floor, with an All American in the post. I'll miss Scalia's effortless stroke after this season, but with Garzon, Parrish, and CMM that spacing should still be there.

• Like 2