IUWBB Updates

3 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Can you guys please keep this thread on the women.  They’re having another great year so talk about them.  If you’re going to trash the men there are plenty of other threads to do that elsewhere.  Good lord.  The ladies just won by 32.  Without Parrish.  Talk about them!!

It is all about the women. Everybody is talking about how the guards could play for the men’s team. That’s a compliment. What’s the problem? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Scalia set the mark with most threes in a season and still a good amount of games to play.  This team is fantastic to watch.

Yes, they are. 

It's also a freaking showcase for what we can do for transfers. Parrish and Scalia are THRIVING. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hoosierhoosier said:

It is pretty wild that IUWBB have only lost to top 5 teams on true road games, and are still rated at #14.  I actually like they are being underdogs of sort.

Mmhhmm... just keep flying under the radar. We will still get the first two games at home. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Mmhhmm... just keep flying under the radar. We will still get the first two games at home. 

Counting on hosting first round……

NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament

NCAA - All Session NCAA - All Session

• Information
    • This is a request only at this time
    • Dates: March 22 - March 25 
    • Specific Dates and times will be determined after the Selection Show on March 17th 
    • Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall - Bloomington, IN 
    • Reserved seating: Court Level and entire Main Level seating area. 
    • General Admission seating: East and West Balconies. 
    • Price:
      • Adult: $40 reserved; $30 general admission 
      • Youth (under 18): $20 
      • Senior (65+): $30 reserved; $20 general admission 
      • University Students: $20 
      • All Session Package includes two sessions and three games. Session One will have two first round games and session two will have one second round game.
    • If you have any specific seating needs, please include them in the comment box. 
    • There is no need for additional seating preferences if requesting General Admission seating. 
    • Limit request of six (6) tickets per account 
    • Request will be fulfilled based on the IU Priority Point System 
    • Deadline to request: March 1st 
    • This is a request only at this time
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, hoosierhoosier said:

It is pretty wild that IUWBB have only lost to top 5 teams on true road games, and are still rated at #14.  I actually like they are being underdogs of sort.

Yeah, was questioning the validity of those rankings myself. Not getting much respect. 

On 2/15/2024 at 9:52 AM, hoosierhoosier said:

Completely agree. I'd been relying on metrics to show Stanford was a top five team, even if they didn't start the season ranked that way. Now I look up and see Ohio St, Stanford and Iowa are 2-3-4 in the AP.

FWIW, we're up to 8th on Her Hoop Stats, 8th at Massey as well. I know we weren't competitive in two of those road losses, but I'm still thinking this team has Final Four potential until I'm proven otherwise.