IUWBB Updates

Did anyone see the atrocious charge called on Scalia yesterday? Nebraska girl had both feet in the restricted area, was literally still moving, and actually start IN the restricted area... like her feet, not once during the play, were out of that area. 

Absolutely astonished at how poor some officials are. What pisses me off more, pretty substantial collision/landing. Sara could have been hurt. 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did anyone see the atrocious charge called on Scalia yesterday? Nebraska girl had both feet in the restricted area, was literally still moving, and actually start IN the restricted area... like her feet, not once during the play, were out of that area. 

Absolutely astonished at how poor some officials are. What pisses me off more, pretty substantial collision/landing. Sara could have been hurt. 

I thought the same.... Officiating should be easier for the women. Since there is not as much contact as with men, minor things get called. Back when I reffed intamurals at IU, I always preferred the womens games over the men. Obviously a chance to check out the women but the games were like slow motion compared to the men and much easier to call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I too, thought it was a lousy and incorrect call, but....the female color commentator mentioned that the protected arc doesn't apply to women's game.

I found that extremely odd. Not even sure if it's true. Maybe the gal was trying to cover for the officials. I don't know. But if it is true, then it would have been a charge on Sara.

10 minutes ago, DWB said:

I too, thought it was a lousy and incorrect call, but....the female color commentator mentioned that the protected arc doesn't apply to women's game.

I found that extremely odd. Not even sure if it's true. Maybe the gal was trying to cover for the officials. I don't know. But if it is true, then it would have been a charge on Sara.

I thought she wasn't set and is still leaning into Sara. 

Thank you for bringing up the arc rule, I watched with the announcers on mute (I do 90% of the games I watch), so I missed that. 

Edited by btownqb

20 minutes ago, DWB said:

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/sports/college/red-raiders/2023/10/18/ncaa-rule-changes-womens-basketball-restricted-area-block-charge-foul-flopping/71169346007/#:~:text=With the change%2C the only,on courts for men's games.

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I didn't watch this one. And like you, I also don't listen to the audio most of the time. Seems like it would be confusing for the players though. 

Heck yeah haha... idk, I thought it clearly looked like Scalia had "taken off" then the girl moved "in front" of her. I am significantly less bothered by the call now that the restricted area doesn't apply to the women's game. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did you see the play? just curious 

Beyond the non use of the restricted arc. Based on that play I’d say they don’t use the new men’s rule concerning establishing position before the plant foot either.

• Like 1

I have 4 seats in Section E, Rows 5 and parking available for the Penn State game - $50 for all. 

Same seats in Row 4 are also available for the Minnesota & Michigan State games so up to 8 together and 2 parking passes for the Minnesota & Michigan State games. If anyone wants to attend a game or 2 shoot me a pm.

Edited by eddy4iu