IUWBB Updates

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I am ready for the season to commence.

I think we should be better this year. My biggest worry is our passing and ability to distribute to others, but playing through Holmes so much negates the need for some of that. 

The whole roster is a year older (lost Berger).... Add in Curry-Jelks and the other SOs (Bargesser, Sandvik, and Meister) with the additions of the two FR, this is a very deep roster. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big Ten is going to be stacked, with Iowa, Ohio St, Maryland and Illinois also ranked. I'm not certain we aren't too low at 9, though. We did a lot of damage last season without Grace Berger, and the rest of the roster is improved everywhere else. Knocking on wood for good health of course, but the sky's the limit.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2023 at 4:26 PM, Drroogh said:

Yardon on Cheryl Miller preseason watch list

supposedly we can vote for her but I didn’t see a link?

Garzon has a chance to be an all-time great, in my opinion. She was already one of the best, most reliable shooters I've evet seen as a freshman, especially under pressure. Could be Nat'l PotY good by her senior year, IMO.

She was also lights out tonight in the 3 point shooting contest. 19 for 25.

Edited by IUProfessor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I think Scalia will shoot 45%+ from this year. No joke. 

Admittedly exhibition lost my interest pretty quickly. FR Beaumont played some point guard this evening, which I thought was interesting (she's 6'1)... she is going to need a year in the S&C program. 

Watched quite a bit even after the News. I wanted to see if they did anything special at halftime. Not! ,at least not shown on BIG+? The starters were completely dominant but the second string was actually getting beat? 

• Like 1