TJD... doin work

Regarding all the posts about putting TJD on their all-time Hoosier team.  

For me, selecting a player for an all-time team is difficult when taking into account 50 years worth of fandom.  As I get older, my criteria of what makes a 'favorite' changes.

As a kid growing up in the 70's, I idolized players for their performance on the court for the Hoosiers.  Didn't matter what they were like off th he court because in that day and age you didnt really know, and even if you did, the stats were more important to a kid like me.

During the 80's and 90's (late teens through mid 30's) I favored players that I had seen play in high school (Damon, P. Graham, Edwards, Henderson, among others).  I gave special designation to Keith Smart, not only for the Shot, but for the way he dominated the last 6-7 minutes of that game.  

The dark days of the post Knight era through the early Crean years just aren't a tine I look back on fondly.  Even 'good memories' like 2002 and players like Eric Gordon and DJ White are not high on my list.

2010 to present.  Watford was a favorite of mine even before the WatShot.  I loved Vic until the way he left the Pacers.  He lost me there.  Yogi was a slow burn but over time he grew on me and I now consider him one of my favorites.  Romeo I prefer to think fondly of his high school years.  Nothing about the Archie years is a good memory.  I really, really did not care for Archie, and that will forever taint that period for me.

That brings us to TJD.  I can honestly say that as a Jr. and Sr. at IU and this NBA season have pushed TJD to the pinnacle of my personal fan favorite list.  I love everything about the way he plays and represents IU.  He is not only a great player on the court, but someone easy to like by the way he conducts himself off the court.  The only NBA I watch are Warriors games, and that is solely because of him.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And Lebron is sad 😢

Kerr has stated the reason Trayce is staying in the starting lineup, isn’t because of how he affects the offense but because of how he affects not just his defense but Draymond’s as well!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:56 AM, Drroogh said:

Kerr has stated the reason Trayce is staying in the starting lineup, isn’t because of how he affects the offense but because of how he affects not just his defense but Draymond’s as well!

Dreymond can't retire or get injured fast enough.  He was a pile of shit at MSU and he is a pile of steaming shit as a professional.  Not good for the game at all.

• Like 7