TJD... doin work

On 3/11/2024 at 10:37 PM, KDB said:

So happy for TJD. Dude is killing it.

Can’t believe that many teams passed on him in the draft.

As a Bucks fan I SO wanted him and felt he’d be awesome for them off the bench. Oh well 🤦🏻‍♂️😩

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

He told them they'd be sorry...

I love that kid.  I would put him on my all time 13 man team.  You’ve got a few years on me but I was in early elementary school in 1975 and that’s the first team I remember.  That gives me, what, 49 years???  

I wish I could have seen some of the guys you saw in the preceding years.  But in 49 years, I’m finding a spot for TJD on my 13 man roster.  I’m taking about my favorites.  Some combination of good and attitude leading them to be on my list.  

The way he stood up for the program and led was admirable in a way that a lot of guys never had to do.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I love that kid.  I would put him on my all time 13 man team.  You’ve got a few years on me but I was in early elementary school in 1975 and that’s the first team I remember.  That gives me, what, 49 years???  

I wish I could have seen some of the guys you saw in the preceding years.  But in 49 years, I’m finding a spot for TJD on my 13 man roster.  I’m taking about my favorites.  Some combination of good and attitude leading them to be on my list.  

The way he stood up for the program and led was admirable in a way that a lot of guys never had to do.  

He'd absolutely be on any IU team I picked... No question...

And he still stands up for the program and Mike Woodson...

Love the kid... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

People can say anything about skill development all they want. A lot of it has to do with going into the league as a 23 year old young man vs a 19 year old kid. 

If he'd have come out at 19, I think he would have G leagued it for a while... He's even said the parts of his game he polished under Woody is what's getting him quality playing time now... Kerr has said as much too

• Like 2

Just now, IUFLA said:

He'd absolutely be on any IU team I picked... No question...

And he still stands up for the program and Mike Woodson...

Love the kid... 

And publicly stood up for teammates that wound up transferring. 

Doing the right thing for no other reason than it’s the right thing to do….what a concept. It’s almost like that’s something we should all be doing.

• Like 4

Just now, IUFLA said:

If he'd have come out at 19, I think he would have G leagued it for a while... He's even said the parts of his game he polished under Woody is what's getting him quality playing time now... Kerr has said as much too

Absolutely. After his freshman year, if you’d have told me you’d see TJD bringing the ball down the floor and dishing it off….I’d have said you were on acid. Even being a threat to handle the ball in the open floor changes how you have to guard him. 

• Like 3

I think Steve Kerr is impressed  

"He has been great. Trayce has gotten even better with the extended minutes. I think he has extended his capability to play longer stretches at an effective rate. Every night in this league, as a young player, is so important because you’re learning about trends, personnel (and) game-planning. He is really a smart, young guy and he picks things up quickly. You only have to tell him something once. It has been really fun to watch Trayce grow."

• Like 4

On 3/30/2024 at 6:52 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Love TJD!! And same - I think I’m a tiny bit older than you. He’d definitely be on my all-time team. Just all-around great player, great leader, led by example, worked to improve his play, just love him. 

2 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

“He put the entire country of France on his back…” I could listen to that on repeat all day 😂

Julius Caesar

William The Conqueror

Napolean

Vince Carter

Trayce Jackson-Davis

What do they all have in common? They’ve all pimp-slapped France at one point or another. 

• Haha 7