TJD... doin work

16 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

There were many doubters including most NBA teams, but with his atheletism (and smarts) it was hard to imagine him not being successful, and the Warriors are a great fit. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade Looney or Green in the near future, because they won’t be able to keep TJD off the floor.

Warriors twitter has even mentioned as much. 

TJD leads all rookies in +/- per mins played. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

But to be fair... we had many of our fans, for some reason, didn't think he'd be successful in the NBA. 

Early returns say that's wrong. 

Last 3-- 24mins 16-23 FGs (70%) 11ppg 12rpg 

I was one bc he can’t shoot, but he’s proving me wrong. Certainly has carved out a big time role on the perfect team for him. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I was one bc he can’t shoot, but he’s proving me wrong. Certainly has carved out a big time role on the perfect team for him. 

Agree on the perfect team for him. 

Him having a shot was never necessary, though, once--- he got in better shape, improved passing/ball handling, became an elite rim protector.... 

Which in the pros he isn't an elite rim protector, but he's a solid one. 

• Like 1

So I do much more Fanduel in NFL but do some lineups in NBA every once in awhile. TJD started the week at $3500 price which is the lowest you can go. He's now up to $6100 inside of two games. I know FD doesn't know everything but to have that sort of jump inside of a week is impossibly rare.

Perfect team, coach, role, and setup and from what gather online the Warrior fans already love him.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

So I do much more Fanduel in NFL but do some lineups in NBA every once in awhile. TJD started the week at $3500 price which is the lowest you can go. He's now up to $6100 inside of two games. I know FD doesn't know everything but to have that sort of jump inside of a week is impossibly rare.

Perfect team, coach, role, and setup and from what gather online the Warrior fans already love him.

TJD made two great decisions in his career. #1, staying the entire 4 years in college and #2, telling the Pacers to not draft him. One of my all time Hoosier players. Too bad he got stuck with Archie for a couple years. 

Merry Christmas

• Like 7

3 hours ago, jefftheref said:

TJD made two great decisions in his career. #1, staying the entire 4 years in college and #2, telling the Pacers to not draft him. One of my all time Hoosier players. Too bad he got stuck with Archie for a couple years. 

Merry Christmas

Hopefully Ware and MM consider it too

Ware could greatly benefit from add strength. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

My wife generally doesn't give 2 hoots about sports. But she did read this article to me and thought it was pretty neat.

After 48 years of marriage, maybe there is hope for her....  😀

And I read that to my wife... I don't think she believes there is hope for me 🤔

• Haha 3

I know this isn't the super popular opinion but I think there are a bunch more guys who could stand to stay a few more years in college to grow their game like Trayce did.  Yeah, there are some dudes ready to go from jump but I think the NBA draft has been littered with guys who left too early and were out of the league pretty quick.

With NIL, staying in school and developing with actual in game time might become more of a thing.  Having a 23 year old TJD ready to go is better than a ton of the 19 and 20 year olds that were drafted above him.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I know this isn't the super popular opinion but I think there are a bunch more guys who could stand to stay a few more years in college to grow their game like Trayce did.  Yeah, there are some dudes ready to go from jump but I think the NBA draft has been littered with guys who left too early and were out of the league pretty quick.

With NIL, staying in school and developing with actual in game time might become more of a thing.  Having a 23 year old TJD ready to go is better than a ton of the 19 and 20 year olds that were drafted above him.

Wouldn't bother me at all if early exits reverted to the exception rather than the norm.  College and pro ball would both be better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Unintended consequence which I have no doubt the NCAA didn't think about either. Good thing is for Trayce but others. Especially in football. I can't tell you how many players over the years left early so they could at least feed their families. Now with NIL they don't have to rush.

Hopefully TJD is the trendsetter that might be able to salvage some guys sticking around for a few years.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Merry Christmas

To be fair to the Pacers and Haliburton and really Trayce, he'd do similar things with the way the Pacers and Haliburton run the show.  It was also a matter of need.  Pacers have rim runners.  

37 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

To be fair to the Pacers and Haliburton and really Trayce, he'd do similar things with the way the Pacers and Haliburton run the show.  It was also a matter of need.  Pacers have rim runners.  

I think it was more about the guys on the roster than how the teams play that causes TJD to make that ask.

Pacers have Turner, IJax and Jalen Smith that all would like be in front of him here. 

• Like 1