TJD... doin work

11 hours ago, Reacher said:

Most NBA teams are smart having their G League affiliate close by. It's easy for the Warriors to shuffle TJD between teams. The two I don't get are Miami and Denver, whose G League teams are in Sioux Falls and Grand Rapids, respectively. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Most NBA teams are smart having their G League affiliate close by. It's easy for the Warriors to shuffle TJD between teams. The two I don't get are Miami and Denver, whose G League teams are in Sioux Falls and Grand Rapids, respectively. 

They are probably working on the logistics to move as we speak, lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

Paywall

I like hearing "steal of the draft" 

His teammate calls him the steal of the draft in this one - 

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/basketball/nba-rookie-former-indiana-hoosiers-star-trayce-jackson-davis-provides-spark-golden-state-warriors-win-portland-trail-blazers

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Cool read for all of us following and rooting for TJD. 

Really good insight from Klay Thompson. And a solid picture of Trayce dressed as Santa.  🤣

https://heavy.com/sports/golden-state-warriors/jackson-davis-career-game/

According to what Klay said in that article sounds like Baby T might have graduated to Trayce Jr last night.  Nice job TJD!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

According to what Klay said in that article sounds like Baby T might have graduated to Trayce Jr last night.  Nice job TJD!

I love all of this. I'm not as old as some of you geezers, but I am old enough and TJD is one of my favorite IU players ever. Went through some lean(er) years and caught a lot of flak but never gave up, got better, and loves IU. I wish he had been surrounded by better players because he deserved a good tourney run as a swan song.

• Like 3

On 12/20/2023 at 10:52 AM, OGIUAndy said:

I love all of this. I'm not as old as some of you geezers, but I am old enough and TJD is one of my favorite IU players ever. Went through some lean(er) years and caught a lot of flak but never gave up, got better, and loves IU. I wish he had been surrounded by better players because he deserved a good tourney run as a swan song.

I go back to Knight's first teams, and saw a lot of great players, but TJD is one of my favorites too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But to be fair... we had many of our fans, for some reason, didn't think he'd be successful in the NBA. 

Early returns say that's wrong. 

Last 3-- 24mins 16-23 FGs (70%) 11ppg 12rpg 

There were many doubters including most NBA teams, but with his atheletism (and smarts) it was hard to imagine him not being successful, and the Warriors are a great fit. I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade Looney or Green in the near future, because they won’t be able to keep TJD off the floor.

• Like 4