Wright State Post Game Thread

Reacher

I dont care if we switch on screens or if we dont switch on screens as long as everyone on our team knows which it is and plays accordingly. Its looked like most of the team is switching and there are a couple guys following thru the screen.  And for the love of all things holy, if we are going to dig at the post, dig and recover quick dont dig, dig, dig, dig....oh crap my guy hit another 3. 

• Like 5

Very meh. Just don’t see how this team is any better than 5-5 after the Kansas game. Wait and see on Johnson, although he was pretty bad tonight. Gunn has to figure something out, and quickly. Mgbako, can he shoot or not? Disappointing so far, expecting much more considering the hype around him. Walker, Sparks, Banks, they aren’t IU caliber guys. Geronimo will be missed at some point. Onward I guess, but the warning signs are there, not a well constructed team 

• Confused 1

Thoughts:

• Please be ok Xavier. He walked it off during the game, but had a pretty noticeable limp walking off the court at the end of the game. Would be shocked if he plays the next few games.
  • I have 0 concerns with Ware’s effort or game anymore. Thought he was really good all around and has been one of the most consistent players thus far.
  • The offense looked way more cohesive than the first two games. Thought that was very noticeable progress from what we’ve seen.
  • I thought the defense was good in stretches, but overall had a lot of the same issues guarding the perimeter we’ve had in this first two games.
  • I thought we had issues with defensive rebounding in the first half, but cleaned it up quite a bit in the second half. Not sure if the stats would back that observation up though, so interested to see the actual numbers
  • Even with a healthy X, I don’t think we’re remotely ready to compete with UConn. I hope I’m wrong but that game might be rough, especially if X is out. I thought this game was a step up from the last few games, but we’ll need 3 steps up from this game to keep it close with UConn. Not the end of the world if we lose, but we need to keep making significant improvements going forward.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Mgbako has a really clean shot, and needs to keep shooting 3s…once they start going in, he’ll be a game changer. 

Going to need Cupps and X(when he returns) to take a few more shots from deep. They can both hit them and if they both can hit 1 or 2 in the game its going to open up things even more. 

• Like 3

Hope the best for X. The odds are one of the three main guards would eventually get injured. Game 3 though? Not good. CJ has to step up. Let Cupps start. 

Would love to hear CMW's explanation on why they continually leave shooters to double in the post when IU has more size and better players inside than the other team.

Rebounding and defense. Until that's figured out its difficult to be too excited about this team.

The UConn game will x-ray this team and show what its got or not.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

Very meh. Just don’t see how this team is any better than 5-5 after the Kansas game. Wait and see on Johnson, although he was pretty bad tonight. Gunn has to figure something out, and quickly. Mgbako, can he shoot or not? Disappointing so far, expecting much more considering the hype around him. Walker, Sparks, Banks, they aren’t IU caliber guys. Geronimo will be missed at some point. Onward I guess, but the warning signs are there, not a well constructed team 

I’m not sure how you can claim those guys aren’t IU caliber players and then say we’ll miss Geronimo. If those three aren’t IU caliber then neither is he.