Wright State Post Game Thread

Reacher

22 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

If X is out does Woodson turn to Leal, or does he go with one of the walk ons in Rayford or Creel? The first thought would be Leal being on scholarship however I’d go with whoever has the most PG skill. 

Last I knew, Rayford was injured. Also, isn't he 2/3 instead of a PG?

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well, if I'm wrong then tell me about it. What is your hoosier history?

Actually, I don’t really care about Purdue. They are still little brother. I'm from southern Indiana. Call me a UK fan and you might hurt my feelings!  Once again, my original post just stated the obvious.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If CJ has to play significant minutes, he needs to be counseled to not shoot at the rate he has been.  He's not a good shooter, but his athleticism can help out in other aspects of the game.  

He only took 3 shots; a break away layup and 2 base line jumpers that were wide open and in rythm. Im not saying he needs to go bonkers and put up 10-15 shots or anything, but i didnt think he forced anything tonight and if he picks and chooses his shots like that going forward with maybe a 3 or two if they are there then he will be fine and get more confident. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Oh, lighten up Francis. Just stating the obvious.  You can call me Mr. Obvious if you like  

What a nice segue Francis, thanks. I’m not going to go into all of the negative comments we already have pleanty of those with more to come I’m sure! What I saw in this game was plenty of progress! MM actually looking like the game was coming to him! Bardo was talking about observing MM in practice and it was evident he was thinking instead of playing! Big progress but a long way to go! CJ and Banks actually seemed to be positives instead of negatives. 2nd team looked better. Scariest part for me was the starting backcourt!? They were getting beat defensively as much as the much maligned 2nd team!?🤮

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

*Poor FT shooting

*Poor 3 pt shooting - still don’t have a shooter. Was expecting more athleticism and a more lethal shooter in Mgbako. Little disappointed. Hopefully he’s just finding his footing. 

*Poor defense all around, especially on the perimeter yet again. I don’t understand why we sag off guards to help in the post when our post guys are bigger… but also without regard for who we are leaving open. It looks like it’s being taught and isn’t going to change I’m afraid. 

*Outrebounded and gave up 14 offensive boards. 

*I thought Gunn was much better tonight. Actually played within himself, but with that said, we have zero bench outside of Cupps. And Gabe is going to have to shoot more.  Banks, Sparks, Walker, and Gunn need to get better quickly.

*With or without XJ I’ll be surprised if UCONN doesn’t beat us by 20+. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

*Poor FT shooting

*Poor 3 pt shooting - still don’t have a shooter. Was expecting more athleticism and a more lethal shooter in Mgbako. Little disappointed. Hopefully he’s just finding his footing. 

*Poor defense all around, especially on the perimeter yet again. I don’t understand why we sag off guards to help in the post when our post guys are bigger… but also without regard for who we are leaving open. It looks like it’s being taught and isn’t going to change I’m afraid. 

*Outrebounded and gave up 14 offensive boards. 

*I thought Gunn was much better tonight. Actually played within himself, but with that said, we have zero bench outside of Cupps. And Gabe is going to have to shoot more.  Banks, Sparks, Walker, and Gunn need to get better quickly.

*With or without XJ I’ll be surprised if UCONN doesn’t beat us by 20+. 

We won because we took advantage of a distinct size advantage inside.  Wright State was dead last in the country in Defensive FG% coming into the game.  And, we can't lose sight of the fact they played without their best player.  I'm not feeling the abundance of positives that others are after this game.  A couple of players played better, but as a team we did not improve on any of the big issues we've had this year.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Actually, I don’t really care about Purdue. They are still little brother. I'm from southern Indiana. Call me a UK fan and you might hurt my feelings!  Once again, my original post just stated the obvious.  

Didn't answer my question.  What makes you an IU fan? 

I'm not challenging you. Just want to know!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Didn't answer my question.  What makes you an IU fan? 

I'm not challenging you. Just want to know!

Gosh, I’m 49 and probably my first memories are watching IU basketball, especially the 81 championship. Went to IU 93-97.   Was a huge Knight fan. Unfortunately, we haven’t made a good hire since then, with the possible exception of Woodson. But damn, we haven’t seen good basketball since Cheaney, Grahams, Henderson, Bailey, etc.  It’s just sad. 

• Like 1