UConn Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'd really like to know why some of y'all feel that way? UConn lost their 2 best players, just like we did...They haven't played anyone above 244 on Kenpom, while we've played 2 that were above 200...

We have talent...Do y'all think Danny Hurley is that much better of a coach than Woody?

If I felt even remotely like we were gonna get beat by 20+, I probably wouldn't even watch...

Not saying we lose by 20+, but if you are looking for evidence with a small sample size:

IU 72 Army 64

Stonehill 57 Army 44

UConn 107 Stonehill 67

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

.I'd say to be 17th in the nation in FG% vs any schedule shows an offense that works for good shots and makes them...

Those easy shots Ware and Reneau are getting at the basket are not going to be available at the same frequency as they are now.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Whether or not it would continue wasn't the statement...

I'd say to be 17th in the nation in FG% vs any schedule shows an offense that works for good shots and makes them...

You made a statement insinuating it was good. I, for sake of discussion on a “discussion board”, said it doesn’t matter if you can’t do the work on the defensive end against good competition. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If you want to make unchallenged remarks you’ll have to state that so we know you’re just talking to yourself. 😂

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

You made a statement insinuating it was good. I, for sake of discussion on a “discussion board”, said it doesn’t matter if you can’t do the work on the defensive end against good competition. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If you want to make unchallenged remarks you’ll have to state that so we know you’re just talking to yourself. 😂

It IS good...He said it "hadn't been on display." I even highlighted that part...I didn't "insinuate" anything...I stated a fact...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

It IS good...He said it "hadn't been on display." I even highlighted that part...I didn't "insinuate" anything...I stated a fact...

Okay, it IS good statistically, but it doesn’t mean diddly squat if you’re giving up 15 offensive rebounds a game and 20 open 3s every game on the other end. Your quality twos won’t make up for the open 3s on the other end, especially if we don’t make any 3s. That’s the point. We can say such and such is good, but if it’s not helping us win the game (which it won’t against quality competition without doing the other things well) it really isn’t “good” as you say. It doesn’t matter. Make sense?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Okay, it IS good statistically, but it doesn’t mean diddly squat if you’re giving up 15 offensive rebounds a game and 20 open 3s every game on the other end. Your quality twos won’t make up for the open 3s on the other end, especially if we don’t make any 3s. That’s the point. We can say such and such is good, but if it’s not helping us win the game (which it won’t against quality competition without doing the other things well) it really isn’t “good” as you say. It doesn’t matter. Make sense?

You guys are much better at forecasting the future than I am, so let's just leave it at that...

10 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i mean, we can hope this.  maybe it is true to some extent?  maybe they'll all step up.  

I’m a psychology minor in college 23 years ago. Every player on our roster knows the “Mecca” of the NBA is msg. I’m looking for upward performances from our “nba bound” players. Seriously, there will be an extra effort 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not saying we lose by 20+, but if you are looking for evidence with a small sample size:

IU 72 Army 64

Stonehill 57 Army 44

UConn 107 Stonehill 67

Woody focuses on lock down defense.  He has a brand new team this year. 

Losses will happen, but I trust coach will work it all out. 

• Like 1

I want to see a competitive game and continued improvement. I would love a win but I'm not sure how much that helps us in the bigger picture. CMW is trying to teach our new guys the value of playing a certain way. I'm not sure a win reinforces that in a way that helps us down the road. We need to establish new habits for a lot of guys in order to be successful in March. I guess I'm saying I'm not sure we are mentally ready to win a game like this.

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

I’m a psychology minor in college 23 years ago. Every player on our roster knows the “Mecca” of the NBA is msg. I’m looking for upward performances from our “nba bound” players. Seriously, there will be an extra effort 

If we need MSG to produce extra effort then we are indeed in trouble. Have some major issues if we can’t get up to play and give it your best in AH. 

• Like 1