Tom Allen has been fired

DC2345

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I believe Dolson already has a good idea on who the next HC will be

Hearing a lot of Randle El talk on Social Media.  I’m a big fan of his but not for head coach at IU at this point in time.  The time for experimenting and learning on the job isn’t now.  This program needs a proven winner, Dolson needs to spend the money….IU has plenty.  Any little glimpse of hope and fans will show up and the money will flow.

• Like 3

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

Hearing a lot of Randle El talk on Social Media.  I’m a big fan of his but not for head coach at IU at this point in time.  The time for experimenting and learning on the job isn’t now.  This program needs a proven winner, Dolson needs to spend the money….IU has plenty.  Any little glimpse of hope and fans will show up and the money will flow.

ARE is a great IU ambassador and was a really good player for us.  Hiring him would be a totally IU thing to do and would also probably be a massive mistake.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

I agree they need a proven winner but they also need more than that. I get concerns with ARE but I’m not totally against it if Dolson goes that way. I think my first choice would probably be Jason Candle though. 

i am sure I will be skewered for this but the Woodson hire will eventually be proven to be a mistake as well.  He and his staff are no different from the previous 2 staffs.  No clue how to build a roster, just chase the guys with the most stars.  I have no confidence in Dolson to get this right

Edited by CTrojan88
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

i am sure I will be skewered for this but the Woodson hire will eventually be proven to be a mistake as well.  He and his staff are no different from the previous 2 staffs.  No clue how to build a roster, just chase the guys with the most stats.  I have no confidence in Dolson to get this right

Woodson was a good hire for what IU needed at the time. He’s got 2-3 more years and it’ll be handed off to the next guy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Why would a proven HC come to Indiana? 

That's the thing. The just throw $ at a coach crowd doesn't understand that a proven HC isn't coming to IU during these NIL times unless he's been guaranteed a salary cap if you will.

So if you can't go that route you need to hire someone who has some juice and will want to make kids come here because of him the coach and developer not who can pay the most.....but obviously there's risks on both sides.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would a proven HC come to Indiana? 

Just now, DC2345 said:

They wouldn’t 

There would be a lot of "career suicide" talk with both a proven head coach and an upcoming assistant...

And as I said in the other thread, who are people like Mark Cuban, Cindy Simon-Skjodt, or any big donor going to buy off on? All about the NIL...

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

That's the thing. The just throw $ at a coach crowd doesn't understand that a proven HC isn't coming to IU during these NIL times unless he's been guaranteed a salary cap if you will.

So if you can't go that route you need to hire someone who has some juice and will want to make kids come here because of him the coach and developer not who can pay the most.....but obviously there's risks on both sides.

100%

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

There would be a lot of "career suicide" talk with both a proven head coach and an upcoming assistant...

And as I said in the other thread, who are people like Mark Cuban, Cindy Simon-Skjodt, or any big donor going to buy off on? All about the NIL...

And that’s why I wonder if a guy like Art Briles could be interested.  A chance to get back in.  Actually, a last chance to get back in.  He’s old enough that career suicide isn’t an issue.

• Like 1