Tom Allen has been fired

DC2345

Needs 

Build not a rebuild

edgy attitude that turns around the mindset of the entire program, take no crap 

tireless, limitless recruiter 

build an NIL infrastructure for football 

Build an elite staff: offense, defense, ST with competent practices and minimal shooting yourself in the foot on the field 

style of play that accommodates the level of talent we get, playing straight up is tough for us

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Ignore the off field stuff for this point.  I loved the attitude Kevin Wilson came in here with. Not afraid of anything and was aggressive.  Willing to fight for recruits.  Played to win, not scared.  Not encumbered by IU’s past and being resigned to failure.  He knew offense too.  I want that edge in the next guy.  There’s no reason why we can’t win type of attitude.  

It's like any new product in a legacy market. Take automobiles for an example...

Why did Tesla get made? Rivian, Lucid, Fisker, Polestar etc.?

They are brands (teams) built by people (coaches) who have the audacity to think they can change the market. They have the ego and determination to change the landscape, legacy brands/teams be damned.

• Thanks 1

Names that stick out to me are Kane Wommack, Sherrone Moore and Justin Frye.

Womack has successful history as DC at Indiana and has done decent down south since he left. Not sure gow he is on the recruiting front.

Moore and Frye both have come from Big Ten success at UM and OSU and I think would be successful recruiters in the midwest. May have better options though than Indiana or would wait out for better options in a year or 2.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Needs 

Build not a rebuild

edgy attitude that turns around the mindset of the entire program, take no crap 

tireless, limitless recruiter 

build an NIL infrastructure for football 

Build an elite staff: offense, defense, ST with competent practices and minimal shooting yourself in the foot on the field 

style of play that accommodates the level of talent we get, playing straight up is tough for us

Anyone in mind? 

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

My top 3 realistic choices just off of names I have seen tossed around would be: Fitzgerald, Herman, and Candle...probably in that order.

This seems to be where I'm fitting in but something about Herman has me intrigued. Did some reading on him. Not a silver spoon guy. Worked for everything he had. I'm liking him over Fitz right now....but the latter would be really good too.

• Like 3

The other thing is that times are changing and the idea that IU couldn’t get somebody good in the past may be different now.  Conferences are consolidating and you can see with some schools getting marginalized (Oregon State, WSU, Cal etc) and more to get marginalized (think ACC), IU is sitting in a situation like a pro job where there’s only so many of them.  If IU goes all out in investment, it’s definitely a premier job just because of all of its affiliations.  That’s not the same situation it was 10 years ago. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The other thing is that times are changing and the idea that IU couldn’t get somebody good in the past may be different now.  Conferences are consolidating and you can see with some schools getting marginalized (Oregon State, WSU, Cal etc) and more to get marginalized (think ACC), IU is sitting in a situation like a pro job where there’s only so many of them.  If IU goes all out in investment, it’s definitely a premier job just because of all of its affiliations.  That’s not the same situation it was 10 years ago. 

Plus we aren't in the Big East anymore. That alone makes the job more attractive vs the past. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Is a little more money worth the risk? This isn’t a program that is on the rise or has been historically good. Come to IU and do bad or even worse. Im not sure that’s a career builder. 

Debeor and Wommack both got hc jobs.

Any success and other teams will see them as miracle workers. 

Most coaches also have big egos and don't think they would fail.

thank god, i never liked his goofy face cheering when were done 40 points, outside of one fluke season he did nothing for the program. I’ll sleep better every night from now on knowing ill never have to see him clapping and smiling every time we turn the ball over or give up a big play.

RIP Tom 

• Confused 2