Tom Allen has been fired

DC2345

1 hour ago, DustyPL said:

thank god, i never liked his goofy face cheering when were done 40 points, outside of one fluke season he did nothing for the program. I’ll sleep better every night from now on knowing ill never have to see him clapping and smiling every time we turn the ball over or give up a big play.

RIP Tom 

Clapping and smiling is far down the list on reasons he was fired

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can appreciate a player standing up for his coach but the young man needs to sit this one out. IU Football and our Administration has invested plenty in facilities/upgrades/stadium improvements.....when I hear generic phrases like they need to invest in our program my question is what specifically are you talking about kid??

If there are specific things we need to do besides NIL let us know. Otherwise I feel like IU across the board has invested plenty....unless he's saying we need more $ for better assistants.

The players want Japanese toilets:

image.gif.c1a87a351ddab4f93a7001cd5db12831.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can appreciate a player standing up for his coach but the young man needs to sit this one out. IU Football and our Administration has invested plenty in facilities/upgrades/stadium improvements.....when I hear generic phrases like they need to invest in our program my question is what specifically are you talking about kid??

If there are specific things we need to do besides NIL let us know. Otherwise I feel like IU across the board has invested plenty....unless he's saying we need more $ for better assistants.

I am sure he's right, but what cost CTA the job wasn't caused by lack of resources. Lack of resources are why IU can't aspire to be more than 6-6 or 7-5. Lack of fundamentals (tackling, penalties, blown coverage), conservative play calling throughout the season, and sticking with both players and coaches who weren't up to snuff caused him to lose too many games IU should have won. Seems like every year they lost at least 3-4 games because of the aforementioned issues. But my overall opinion on CTA massively dropped when I heard a recruit say IU practices were a "sh*tshow" and "middle school". That means the overall structure was an issue. And it looked like it on the field. Penalties after timeouts, regular special team gaffes, players looking lost, missed tackles, wasting time outs etc. If disciplined, smart game play was there but the results weren't, I would be way more inclined to say it's really just a lack of talent resulting from the lack of NIL/facilities etc. But outside of 2021 when the entire team got hurt, I think IU has had enough talent to win 2-3 BIG games per season. It was time to move on. I will always appreciate CTA's passion and love of his players. He gave IUFB fans one of the best seasons ever. He'll land on his feet.

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree.  Nobody in IU’s administration missed 100 tackles yesterday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Ignore the off field stuff for this point.  I loved the attitude Kevin Wilson came in here with. Not afraid of anything and was aggressive.  Willing to fight for recruits.  Played to win, not scared.  Not encumbered by IU’s past and being resigned to failure.  He knew offense too.  I want that edge in the next guy.  “There’s no reason why we can’t win” type of attitude.  

Boy, if Mile was still here he’d be all over this…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KDB said:

We could do a lot worse but I wouldn't be very excited.

His coaching record at Wisconsin is pretty solid. Could we really get anyone with much better of a coaching record? Here’s what he did by year at Wisconsin:

2015: 10-3

2016: 11-3

2017: 13-1

2018: 8-5

2019: 10-4

2020: 4-3

2021: 9-4

2022: 2-3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Dolson would like Fitzgerald but Whitten has to sign off on that. Candle will be the likely hire if everything goes well. If things fall through with the first 2 then it will be Chryst. Dolson is doing a good job so far. He just has to get things finalized.

That is what Chris essentially said on BTB. I really hope that Whitten lets Dolson do his job and hire Fitzgerald.

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Dolson would like Fitzgerald but Whitten has to sign off on that. Candle will be the likely hire if everything goes well. If things fall through with the first 2 then it will be Chryst. Dolson is doing a good job so far. He just has to get things finalized.

I have to read up on Candle, but I think I’d be okay with any of the three.  I have no faith that IU would hire Fitzgerald, even though I’d love it. I just don’t think we have the stones to bring in a guy with a cloud. 

• Like 1