Tom Allen has been fired

DC2345

2 minutes ago, DustyPL said:

thank god, i never liked his goofy face cheering when were done 40 points, outside of one fluke season he did nothing for the program. I’ll sleep better every night from now on knowing ill never have to see him clapping and smiling every time we turn the ball over or give up a big play.

RIP Tom 

Strong disagree.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Strong disagree.

id love to know what qualities about tom were so endearing to you, was it his smokers voice at every press conference or the cheerleading down 40? I gave him credit for his one good season but ill give most of the credit for that year to penix and debeor. Outside of that recruiting and development have been subpar and the cordinator hires have been below average. 

It do get testy during a coaching hire :) 

I will say this, ain't an Xs and Os football coach guru alive that can compete in the Big 10 with 1 and 2 star players...Just can't...Jimmys and Joes and all of that...

That's why I say the donors are going to have a big voice in this...without NIL money, we're sunk from the get-go...

Who would they support?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DustyPL said:

id love to know what qualities about tom were so endearing to you, was it his smokers voice at every press conference or the cheerleading down 40? I gave him credit for his one good season but ill give most of the credit for that year to penix and debeor. Outside of that recruiting and development have been subpar and the cordinator hires have been below average. 

Well, Allen did recruit Penix. He did hire DeBoer and Wommack and others... He did provide a sense of leadership that came with integrity and passion.

I think his time ran out. I am all for a change because he unfortunately didn't get it done. But to sit back and throw dirt on his name because he's gone is more of a reflection on the naysayers than him.

He didn't work out. Really sucks. And so we move on. But he did show us what's capable. He did make us believe that success can be attained here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Well, Allen did recruit Penix. He did hire DeBoer and Wommack and others... He did provide a sense of leadership that came with integrity and passion.

I think his time ran out. I am all for a change because he unfortunately didn't get it done. But to sit back and throw dirt on his name because he's gone is more of a reflection on the naysayers than him.

He didn't work out. Really sucks. And so we move on. But he did show us what's capable. He did make us believe that success can be attained here.

My wife and I spent New Years+ 1 day at a January bowl game in FL against a SEC school. Never thought IUFB would be in a spot to be able to experience that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It do get testy during a coaching hire :) 

I will say this, ain't an Xs and Os football coach guru alive that can compete in the Big 10 with 1 and 2 star players...Just can't...Jimmys and Joes and all of that...

That's why I say the donors are going to have a big voice in this...without NIL money, we're sunk from the get-go...

Who would they support?

I guess my email worked 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I agree that he helped show that you can be successful here but I think most of his success can be accounted to dumb luck. He only got Penix because we missed out on a transfer qb and were still in the market when Tennessee had a head coaching change and no longer valued Penix’s commitment, then Penix turned to FSU who also had just gone through a coaching change and werent ready to offer him. Im not sure about Wommack but I know he only hired Deboer because he was personally recommended by his good buddy Chris Creighton. So I guess you can say he hit a hot streak and showed you can have success but overall he wasnt a good coach and couldnt sustain that success. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dylan Powell is going off on IU admin today. 

I can appreciate a player standing up for his coach but the young man needs to sit this one out. IU Football and our Administration has invested plenty in facilities/upgrades/stadium improvements.....when I hear generic phrases like they need to invest in our program my question is what specifically are you talking about kid??

If there are specific things we need to do besides NIL let us know. Otherwise I feel like IU across the board has invested plenty....unless he's saying we need more $ for better assistants.

• Like 3