IU Players Entering Transfer Portal

KDB

51 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yes….who knows what he is thinking 

He would be a waste at IU.  We need Big 10 caliber players and recruits to compete.  Be better for Carpenter to go to one of the smaller schools that recruited him, start sooner and build some numbers and then possibly portal to a bigger school with a need and NIL.

With the fact that commitments never meant anything in football anyway, I was already reluctant to get invested in HS recruits.  Add the portal?  Hell, I'm reluctant to get invested in the PLAYERS!  On the other hand, it does create excitement, the players deserve the flexibility, and it certainly helps a program like IU in the long run.

• Like 3

I'm sure Coach C has spoken to all player that he wants to retain......However, if the player still doesn't feel it, he has to go..... I hate that, but Coach will find his guys. We depended on Jaylin a lot this year and he was often the best player on the field. I'm sure Coach C's vision and plan for him is a bit different than he is accustomed too here at IU and he wants more of the same somewhere else....Also, maybe some of these player don't particularly care for his approach and style of coaching. Who knows?...JMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

I think he is gone then.  I am assuming the meeting with coach has happened and didnt like whatever. That's my take anyway.

Someone needs to convince Lucas he is a slot receiver at the next level. No need to take the pounding of a running back and shortening your career unnecessarily. Jmo

Edited by Hoosierinbham
  • Like 2