IU Players Entering Transfer Portal

KDB

7 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

If you think JMU could compete in the BigTen you’re incredibly naive. In 20 years that program has 2 power 5 wins and one of them is this year’s 3-8 Virginia team by a field goal. This is a completely different landscape than Elon and JMU. 

What are you talking about, who said anything about U competing. I get it some posters wants to be a contraian and always are negative.

3 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Yea, he literally offered the top overall 2026 prospect, day one. Cig not recruiting 4/5 star guys was not what he said, and was never a thing. He was simply taking a shot at the recruiting analysts and stating that he knows how to evaluate talent more than they do

Yeah, a 5 star that a staff member has an absolutely unusual connection to. He didn't just puff up and offer some random kid.  

Eeesh

Outside of that, what's been the story? JMU, some other 3 stars. One kid isn't the rule, from his first whatever days at all, it's been the others. Plus transfer portal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, a 5 star that a staff member has an absolutely unusual connection to. He didn't just puff up and offer some random kid.  

Eeesh

Outside of that, what's been the story? JMU, some other 3 stars. One kid isn't the rule, from his first whatever days at all, it's been the others. Plus transfer portal. 

It has been a week and outside of that qb and going after some of his jmu transfers/recruits, we haven't exactly heard much of anything.

Regardless of connection, it still refutes your idea that they would never go after 4 or 5 star players.

Even allen landed a few 4 stars and some with plenty of other offers

5 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

It has been a week and outside of that qb and going after some of his jmu transfers/recruits, we haven't exactly heard much of anything.

Regardless of connection, it still refutes your idea that they would never go after 4 or 5 star players.

Even allen landed a few 4 stars and some with plenty of other offers

We haven't heard much? There's been like 20 kids mention offers. 

I've already discussed this topic. Huge % of Allen high 3s and low 4s were dudes that none of the top teams were recruiting by the end, regardless of offer. Looked good on paper. 

I didn't realize you were going to take that so literally. It'd be malpractice for Cignetti not to see how deep that connection runs. 

17 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

In a sport based on bravado, machismo, and confidence, it’s wild to me that people are second guessing a new coach at a program exuding… all of those traits?? What else is he supposed to do, say we’re going to get our butts kicked until his contract runs out?  Jesus Christ, I’m not sure what else we want from a coach we’ve had for not much longer than “a moderate bender.”

Yeah, it's pretty wild to be complaining already. 

• Like 3

I hate losing Howland an Sorsby. I thought both were are couple of our bright spots, but if they don’t want to be here then they should go! 
We only won 3 Big Ten games in the last Three years so we can’t get much worse! I say come on Coach CCC, bring in the players you think you need from JMU and let’s get this program moving forward! 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Then we better get our ass out of the Big Ten, if you come in saying you can't recruit with them, you wont be here long. Fired like the rest before you.

That was absolutely NOT what he said. He said that he didn't care about star ratings. It didn't mean that he'd never recruit 4 and 5 star talent.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don’t think so.  Benson is off to Colorado.  Carter Smith has taken visits to Ole Miss and Florida St.  That’s all I know.

Add M.Bedford to Colorado. The right side of our line will be starting for prime time. I guess he didnt watch us play. Seems our new coach isnt trying to keep anyone in the portal.