IU Players Entering Transfer Portal

KDB

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I wonder why?

Captain Obvious speaking here….lol

….Maybe Coach Cignetti didn’t feel good about the players in his interview with them.

….Maybe those players didn’t care for Coach Cignetti’s bold, straightforward and confident approach.

….Maybe some of these player don’t think they need to put all the detail and work in Coach Cignetti is requiring of them. 

I’m gonna guess, it’s a little of all three. 
JMO. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rico said:

I wonder why?

It’s never made any sense to me why a coach would take a job where the previous coach was fired for poor performance and want to keep a bunch of those players.  Seems like a great opportunity to turn the roster over faster and improve.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

It’s never made any sense to me why a coach would take a job where the previous coach was fired for poor performance and want to keep a bunch of those players.  Seems like a great opportunity to turn the roster over faster and improve.

I am one that attributes most of the blame on the coach, not the players, for the Hoosiers poor performance last season.  I got to believe some of the players were good enough to remain at IU.

• Like 1

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

This is a BIG one!  He was #1 on my list of guys I wanted back.  The places he took visits to says a lot about how good he can be.

It also tells you the staff is prioritizing guys they want or who they think want to stay. Those guys who have already committed seem like CTA guys all the way or chasing the best $$

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

There are guys that Cig would like back but there’s also the majority that he’s fine with leaving. Mostly because this wasn’t a good football team that IU had last year. Getting Smith back was HUGE!!!

You know better than most, but there was talent on this team. They totally underachieved in my mind. But I have zero problem with letting those who aren't buying in or think the grass is greener elsewhere leave without much of a fight. I really, for once in a long time, do have belief we have a guy in charge who knows what he's doing. 

• Like 4

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

You know better than most, but there was talent on this team. They totally underachieved in my mind. But I have zero problem with letting those who aren't buying in or think the grass is greener elsewhere leave without much of a fight. I really, for once in a long time, do have belief we have a guy in charge who knows what he's doing. 

Also, if you take a look on Twitter, we seem to be gaining some momentum with bigger program guys in regards to OV for those worried that we're going to be a Big Sun Belt Ten team. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I do think there was some talent and some has stayed, some has left, and some the staff is still trying to get back. I mostly was talking about the guys that went to the portal that Cignetti and company wasn’t trying to get back.