IU Players Entering Transfer Portal

KDB

35 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Alan Soukup, a former IU/CTA commit appears to be frustrated about his previous scholarship offer and the new IU coaching staff..... I suspect this has happened a lot and will continue. I mean,....this really reminds me of what Coach Prime did pre-season at Colorado. Oh, well. Gotta get his type of guys.

image.thumb.png.47c8008e802fb16a82b8cfc203d9c2f6.png

Coaches are paid to win games. Period. If they feel they can't win with certain players? Gone. Just the way it is. Coaches don't get extra leash or points for pity.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Alan Soukup, a former IU/CTA commit appears to be frustrated about his previous scholarship offer and the new IU coaching staff..... I suspect this has happened a lot and will continue. I mean,....this really reminds me of what Coach Prime did pre-season at Colorado. Oh, well. Gotta get his type of guys.

image.thumb.png.47c8008e802fb16a82b8cfc203d9c2f6.png

I saw the tweet. Sorry kid. New staff and coaches. Maybe they aren't prioritizing long snappers as much as prior staff. Either way find a new place. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I saw the tweet. Sorry kid. New staff and coaches. Maybe they aren't prioritizing long snappers as much as prior staff. Either way find a new place. 

Maybe Coach Cigg doesn't think punting and FG's will be as big a part of the IU game plan in the future!  I suspect most programs fill this position with a walk on.

His player page shows that he has an offer from USC.  If he ends up there he can make us pay in the future.

Edited by Dr. Jones
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ephul said:

Coaches are paid to win games. Period. If they feel they can't win with certain players? Gone. Just the way it is. Coaches don't get extra leash or points for pity.

Hard to believe all these CTA kids have already been properly evaluated already. Cig is starting to come off as an arrogant blow hard who’s plan is to tear this program down to the ground because nothing and no one can build a program like he can. This isn’t Elon and he didn’t build anything at JMU, he inherited it. I get how some are attracted to his no nonsense, cocky approach but he isn’t Saban and this aint Alabama.

Hopefully, I’m reading the situation wrong but losing half the team and recruits while offering a bunch of JMU guys was not the start I was hoping for

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Hard to believe all these CTA kids have already been properly evaluated already. Cig is starting to come off as an arrogant blow hard who’s plan is to tear this program down to the ground because nothing and no one can build a program like he can. This isn’t Elon and he didn’t build anything at JMU, he inherited it. I get how some are attracted to his no nonsense, cocky approach but he isn’t Saban and this aint Alabama.

Hopefully, I’m reading the situation wrong but losing half the team and recruits while offering a bunch of JMU guys was not the start I was hoping for

What CTA kids are you talking about? 

So what is this place? Whats the approach he's suppose to take?  

Elon was 12-45 in the last 5 seasons when he took that job.. sound familar? 

CTA took an incredibly unique approach to coaching D1 football, had the best W/L record we'd had since Mallory, and you guys couldn't stand it. Crean clapped too much, Crean tanned too much, Crean "creaned" too much. 

Wtf!!! 

I honestly have not one clue where you could be coming from with any of this?... what makes him "come off as an arrogant blow hard"? 

So.. you wanted our brand new coach to keep more players that had been a part of 2-10, 4-8, and 3-9? 👍

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

All the more reason I'm glad he's gone then.  I rooted for Penix and Peyton Ramsey.  Not this one.

Myles Jackson said he was a good teammate. I rooted for him. I thought he was pretty good, with a lot of potential. But QBs are gonna definitely jump ship for the right price more often than not.  image.thumb.png.aa5b372e82db2bf9cebae24b4e1a6209.png That being said, it's gonna be way more interesting the next few years with or without CTA's holdovers. I am excited about Cigs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Myles Jackson said he was a good teammate. I rooted for him. I thought he was pretty good, with a lot of potential. But QBs are gonna definitely jump ship for the right price more often than not.  image.thumb.png.aa5b372e82db2bf9cebae24b4e1a6209.png That being said, it's gonna be way more interesting the next few years with or without CTA's holdovers. I am excited about Cigs. 

Oh, I rooted for him while he was here.  But over-involved parents don't win on social media and they rub me the wrong way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Oh, I rooted for him while he was here.  But over-involved parents don't win on social media and they rub me the wrong way.  

Oh, me too. He's bagging on a staff that got fired yet his son still left. Not saying what he did was wrong, but don't act like he didn't chase some cash. I doubt Cigs was going to give him 400-500 grand, a house to live in, and a car. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

- I'm sure Cig and staff HAVE evaluated them as much as he needed. For starters, this team wasn't very good. Hence, their record. He knows after watching some film who is worthy and who isn't. Hell, we evaluate who's good and bad as fans by only watching 2-3 hours a week. After a few weeks, we know where the weaknesses are and who's got potentially. You think Cig CANT do that? He also retained some coaches. Think they have some input?

- coming off as arrogant? Based on what? He better tear down this program and rebuild to his liking! He's been paid to lead this program. Why shouldn't he build the program to his liking? In 4 years, if we still sucks, would you be good if he gives the excuse of "well, this still isn't MY program. I had to keep some guys on the team to appear a nice guy".

- YOU realize in his first season at JMU, they had a 7 game improvement, right?

- I would take JMUs current team over ours. Period. So I'm good with him bringing his guys.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

Why upset about losing kids that has went 3-27 in the big ten the last 3 years. I love that the coach has things in players he is looking for. It is better to find out now than after spring football.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ephul said:

Not only that.  It doesn’t makes any sense to go someplace where the staff thinks you won’t fit.  CCC was honest with him and he has a chance to fit somewhere that makes more sense for him.  

Though some of these transfers will sting a bit, especially if they end up going somewhere in the BIGTEN, Coach Cig knows what he wants for his "blueprint" of a successful team. We all have grown to love some of these big playmakers and speaking for me, are a bit selfish to let them go. However, I'm not the coach and I don't have a consistent, winning record with a "blueprint" that works. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why upset about losing kids that has went 3-27 in the big ten the last 3 years. I love that the coach has things in players he is looking for. It is better to find out now than after spring football.

If you think JMU could compete in the BigTen you’re incredibly naive. In 20 years that program has 2 power 5 wins and one of them is this year’s 3-8 Virginia team by a field goal. This is a completely different landscape than Elon and JMU. 

• Like 1