IU Players Entering Transfer Portal

KDB

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw you guys are losing all of your top WR. I don't know why he would go to Purdue because I think he could make more somewhere else.

Burks is the only big loss but he’s more of a slot guy and could still come back. If he goes to Purdue he’d be the top guy and would make a solid amount in NIL. He probably sees a coaching staff he can relate to, a solid QB in Card, and the great attendance last week can’t hurt but I’d guess he probably goes back to IU. 

13 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I would hope that all our players that entered the Portal already would consider talking to the new coach and comeback! 
If not then so long let’s move on an GO IU! 

It does open up the opportunity for CCC to decide which players he wants to come back and which are better to let go and replace.

I would focus on McCulley, Howland, the OL (Smith/Bedford/Benson/Carpenter/Sales), Dunnam, and Moore.

Possibly a few more but there might be other options CCC likes more in the portal.  No one really has much of a leg up on knowing the system anyway so not sure there is as much a priority in keeping our own this time around.

• Like 1

Assuming Sorbsy is gone as has been said, the key guys for me are McCulley, Carter Smith and Dunnam.  You have the issue that we need bodies.  I think CCC will get some guys but we may need to retain some meh guys just to have bodies.  I would also like to see some of the guys not asked back to send a message about a two way street.  

I am also not against the Bob Knight method.  If you visit Purdue you are not welcome back.  It’s not being vindictive.  It’s from a philosophy of you win with guys who are all in.  You want the right mindset.   

You win one P4 game and want to overplay your worth?  Have at it.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Assuming Sorbsy is gone as has been said, the key guys for me are McCulley, Carter Smith and Dunnam.  You have the issue that we need bodies.  I think CCC will get some guys but we may need to retain some meh guys just to have bodies.  I would also like to see some of the guys not asked back to send a message about a two way street.  

I am also not against the Bob Knight method.  If you visit Purdue you are not welcome back.  It’s not being vindictive.  It’s from a philosophy of you win with guys who are all in.  You want the right mindset.   

You win one P4 game and want to overplay your worth?  Have at it.  

Yah, I'm not sure how I feel about the Purdue thing. I don't loathe Purdue as much as I did as a kid, BUT

as players, it seems like they haven't been as bought in as you'd like if they are considering transferring to Purdue.

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 4

I agree with most that McCulley should be a top target to keep around. I don’t know how much the offense will change, but I think every scheme could use a big, athletic receiver that can make a catch through contact. 

Howland really stood out late in the season. He has a combination of size and speed that anyone would want. 

The OL showed some improvement over the last few years and has some solid pieces that would be nice to keep around. 

I assume Sorsby is gone, but Williams could still be a solid piece. I’m not too concerned about QB next year. I think someone will be ready to go there. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

I agree with most that McCulley should be a top target to keep around. I don’t know how much the offense will change, but I think every scheme could use a big, athletic receiver that can make a catch through contact. 

Howland really stood out late in the season. He has a combination of size and speed that anyone would want. 

The OL showed some improvement over the last few years and has some solid pieces that would be nice to keep around. 

I assume Sorsby is gone, but Williams could still be a solid piece. I’m not too concerned about QB next year. I think someone will be ready to go there. 

McCulley visiting UK isn’t a good sign. They have the notorious bag man on staff there lol. 

53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

McCulley visiting UK isn’t a good sign. They have the notorious bag man on staff there lol. 

Who’s the bag man? I will say I don’t love that visit. UK has been solid for a few years now. I’d like to think IU has a bit more of a bag now so that could come into play. 

26 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Who’s the bag man? I will say I don’t love that visit. UK has been solid for a few years now. I’d like to think IU has a bit more of a bag now so that could come into play. 

Vince Marrow. He’s been there a long time and has “helped” land a lot of good recruits haha. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

5 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Yah, I'm not sure how I feel about the Purdue thing. I don't loathe Purdue as much as I did as a kid, BUT

as players, it seems like they haven't been as bought in as you'd like if they are considering transferring to Purdue.

I don't see how someone could play for IU and consider purdue. 

• Like 3