Harvard Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yes, and I thought it was notable that he was giving directions to the younger guys during on-court huddles. 

He sits next to Kel'el a lot when Ware is resting, and you can see him talking to Kel'el all the time...

He may not get a lot of minutes, but I think the younger guys do look up to him as a leader...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Rewatched the game and had a couple of observations...

I'm not sure the refs initially knew what the 2 3 point lines were (inner was high school, outer was college...No pro line) because Mac was about a foot inside the college line on his first make, and the ref threw the "field goal" hands in the air for a 3...

It was pretty apparent why CJ only got 3 minutes in the 1st half, and DNP in the 2nd...2 defensive lapses and 1 turnover (and he had a second one that he could have had a turnover assist on :) ) won't get you time...He seemed to lack his usual energy too...Maybe a bit under the weather?

I thought XJ, despite not having great numbers, had a nice game...His D on Mack early was excellent, and he ran the team...There was some discussion earlier about Trey and X letting the other kids develop their games, and I think XJ was doing just that...He was running the team and not worried about "getting his." With the strength of our front court, I think that's the right thing to do. I also think his ankle had something to do with it. He gutted it out til the 4 minute mark, and then you could really see it bothering him...I hope he get through this upcoming 4 game stretch, and then get Cupps a lot of minutes when Morehead State, North Alabama, and Kennesaw St come calling...There are games where we're going to need him to score, but yesterday wasn't one of them...And the confidence dividends for especially Mac and Ware are huge in their development...

I was surprised when a few of those long 2s were initially counted as 3s. Especially the MM shot you're referring to. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yes, and I thought it was notable that he was giving directions to the younger guys during on-court huddles. 

He was talking on defense as well.  You could see on a couple of occasions where he was telling one of the younger guys where they should be on switches.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Attendance listed at only 8,469.  Is that Thanksgiving weekend, or playing the game in Indy?  I remember going to a game a few years ago on Thanksgiving Saturday, in Assembly Hall, that was up against the Bucket game in W. Lafayette.  I don't remember the exact attendance, but it was better than 8,400.  

With numbers like that, I'm not sure why IU would ever do a buy game at Gainbridge again.

• Like 1