Harvard Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

But he’s too small for the B1G.

He won’t be able to get his shot off.

and my personal favorite, 3 star guards grow on trees in Indiana.

That kid has stones.  I’ll be rooting for him going forward.  Someone will offer him big NIL $$$$ next year.

Nah, I don’t think he’s too small for big. Good players are of a variety of sizes. Malik Mack seems to be the type of player thats gonna ball out no matter the conference. 

Take the win but I could copy and paste from every game this season. It's not that they don't have moments, it's that against better teams this level of play won't win games.

Rebounding is not a priority. Defense is inconsistent with one exception - they can't keep the ball in front of them. They cannot guard the three point line. Still waiting for CMW to explain why they help into the paint with no chance to recover.

The offense is competitive inside but with little perimeter threat it's going to be difficult as the opponents improve and that's fast approaching.

If X is in and out all season it's going to be uphill all the way. IU shouldn't be in a position where one injured player dictates their season, but here they are again.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I don't think those are all apples to apples.

It's early. Teams are still learning themselves.

Conference games lead to much deeper scouting, different rotations etc.

I just look at this as a solid win against a solid opponent. 

Take the win, learn from the plenty of mistakes and get better.

that's fine.  if i had to predict looking at our schedule, i'd say 19-12 or 18-13.  just not my expectations for IU bball.  

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So don't meets a don't reply. I know you proclaimed yourself as the king of negativity but come on.....

i don't understand.  you don't want me to reply if i'm not being positive?  i just don't think it's realistic that X and Galloway are entering a game saying we don't care how we play, we just want the other guys to gain confidence.  sorry.  just my opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Betting time  

If you could have 1 win guaranteed in the next 4 game stretch, do you take it to the bank? Or do you play it out and go for 2 or more wins?

I've seen all 4 teams play a couple of times... We're better than both Maryland and Michigan... And as good as Auburn...

Might not be in the Kansas realm, but we're definitely a work in progress... If our guards start playing like they can (if XJ is able to play) we can be really good... 68% from your front line will beat a lot of teams... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

that's fine.  if i had to predict looking at our schedule, i'd say 19-12 or 18-13.  just not my expectations for IU bball.  

I think that's fair. I find this team exceptionally hard to predict long term. I am probably a tad more optimistic than that. But not betting the farm on anything.

6 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i don't understand.  you don't want me to reply if i'm not being positive?  i just don't think it's realistic that X and Galloway are entering a game saying we don't care how we play, we just want the other guys to gain confidence.  sorry.  just my opinion.

I asked you why don't you think what I said. Your reply was I really don't. You jump in with the I'm not positive post/passive aggressive stuff....and finish off the bell when the ref brings you back to the corner with sorry my opinion. I'm all for discussion buddy but when people chime in 5 seconds after a game with negativity time and time again...I guess I'd like to know specifically how your brain sees things. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Betting time  

If you could have 1 win guaranteed in the next 4 game stretch, do you take it to the bank? Or do you play it out and go for 2 or more wins?

Definitely playing it out. I think Michigan, Maryland, and Auburn are all beatable. If I had to guess, I would say we go 2-2 over the next four.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I’d kill for 19-12 as of now. You are more optimistic than me if you think that. 

To be clear, that is as of now. If they improve that is possible. I think it will take significant improvement though. 

• Like 3

Kudos to Trey stepping up in second half.  Great seeing MR stay out of foul trouble.  Ware, Mgbako, Malik are very talented trio.  With good feeds to them, improving RBs and tougher perimeter D, this team may surprise us.  Last year we had TJD and Jalen as key guys.  I like that this team’s offense talent is more balanced overall.  Great game Hoosiers.  

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I asked you why don't you think what I said. Your reply was I really don't. You jump in with the I'm not positive post/passive aggressive stuff....and finish off the bell when the ref brings you back to the corner with sorry my opinion. I'm all for discussion buddy but when people chime in 5 seconds after a game with negativity time and time again...I guess I'd like to know specifically how your brain sees things. 

i'm sorry.  i'm honestly still confused.  i thought i answered?  i'm just saying i don't think college athletes go into a game thinking i am just hoping to build my teammates confidence.  i hope i'm wrong in the case of X and TG.    

• Like 2