IUFB Roster 2024

btownqb

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Also this happened:

With the loss of Minor and picking up Warnell, I wonder if Toomer moves back to corner?  Feels like we need another boundary corner with solid size.  Hoping guys like JoJo Johnson, Jamier Johnson and Jamari Sharpe take a step forward.  I’d think we’d want one more upperclassman transfer.

Our slot corners seem solid with the transfers like Doss and the new JMU player who looks like he might be coming.    

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

With the loss of Minor and picking up Warnell, I wonder if Toomer moves back to corner?  Feels like we need another boundary corner with solid size.  Hoping guys like JoJo Johnson, Jamier Johnson and Jamari Sharpe take a step forward.  I’d think we’d want one more upperclassman transfer.

Our slot corners seem solid with the transfers like Doss and the new JMU player who looks like he might be coming.    

I want Ponds!! 

Buuuut.. I don't think the lack of size is going to make them only slots corners. 

Basically, so far, our staff has shown to not care (currently) about the size of any of these defensive guys. We've grabbed undersized dudes at all three levels. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I want Ponds!! 

Buuuut.. I don't think the lack of size is going to make them only slots corners. 

Basically, so far, our staff has shown to not care (currently) about the size of any of these defensive guys. We've grabbed undersized dudes at all three levels. 

Player development is going to be huge.   It sure looks like we have a good staff and it’s going to be huge across the board, but the corners definitely highlight its importance.  I like our prospects at corner but most of them are unproven play after play at this level.  A guy like Sharpe is right out of central casting as to what a corner looks like getting off the bus.  Now let’s see how this group develops.  Talent is there and Cignetti is process oriented as he says. 

• Like 1

The huge wave of JMU players transferring to IU tells you all you need to know about what they think of Cignetti and his staff.  Across the board, and not just here and there, these players believe in the staff and trust them as coaches to optimize their abilities.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

JMU Twitter trolls are not happy. I don't really get why they thought this wouldn't happen? 

I have no clue what JMU is like but my opinion is that this is their first time as sports fans in the world of a P5 conference and how things work. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good article.  One slight comment is that Bostad seems to like Drew Evans at guard.  He seemed to play with the ones at left guard  in the spring game from my recollection.  The offense has a lot of potential.  

I don't think Kidwell was healthy. 

• Like 2