Auburn Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Looking forward to this one.  I would really love for us to pick up a non conference win like this.  That's the kind of thing that helps come March. 

Michigan was  a great win, but I will stop short of saying we played great.  Thankfully we cleaned up the turnovers in the 2nd half, we need a full 40 minutes like that Saturday.  We need to not miss 458 layups as well.  

This game is fully in our grasp to win, hopefully they bring it home. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Looking forward to this one.  I would really love for us to pick up a non conference win like this.  That's the kind of thing that helps come March. 

Michigan was  a great win, but I will stop short of saying we played great.  Thankfully we cleaned up the turnovers in the 2nd half, we need a full 40 minutes like that Saturday.  We need to not miss 458 layups as well.  

This game is fully in our grasp to win, hopefully they bring it home. 

No, we didn't play as well as we could have, but under the circumstances (XJ out, road game) I was encouraged by the fact that even though our starting backcourt didn't contribute much offensively, we were still able to pull it out. We know what Trey CAN do, he just has to start doing it... I think Gabe will improve every game... And if CJ can just start gaining some consistency with his shot, look out...

And I only counted 457 missed bunnies 😉

Looks like Auburn hits the offensive glass pretty hard, as well. So if we don't block out, they could get an abundant amount of 2nd chances.

Broome is the real deal, but I think Ware has more talent. Question is...can Ware stay out of foul trouble?

If it's a SEC officiating crew, it will be 8 vs 5.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No, we didn't play as well as we could have, but under the circumstances (XJ out, road game) I was encouraged by the fact that even though our starting backcourt didn't contribute much offensively, we were still able to pull it out. We know what Trey CAN do, he just has to start doing it... I think Gabe will improve every game... And if CJ can just start gaining some consistency with his shot, look out...

And I only counted 457 missed bunnies 😉

Trust me, I'm not complaining about Tuesday night.  HUGE win.  I'm greedy.  I want more.  

49 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Trust me, I'm not complaining about Tuesday night.  HUGE win.  I'm greedy.  I want more.  

for sure.  i don't care who it is in conference.  if we get a road conference win, it is a good win regardless of score.  i would love this win vs Auburn.  seems like not a bad matchup for us.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Hopefully, for the Kansas game.

If XJ would be say 80% for Kansas, would it be better to hold him out til it's fully healed? Playing on it when it wasn't all the way healed vs Harvard is what got him back in the boot...

I'd prefer this didn't linger into the main part of the conference season... 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Watched them vs App state. Wasn’t too impressed…of course that was only one game. 

If we contain their big man, I like our chances. We also travel well, so I I would expect a large IU crowd despite it being played in the neighboring state of Auburn

Just worried about handling pressure on the perimeter the next two games. 

To counter our lack of 3pt ability, we HAVE to get to the FT line--- we ranked 37th in FTs made per game and 25th in FTs attmepted per game. 

We shoot 72.9% from the line, outside of Sparks..

Edited by btownqb

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If XJ would be say 80% for Kansas, would it be better to hold him out til it's fully healed? Playing on it when it wasn't all the way healed vs Harvard is what got him back in the boot...

unlike football, it seems like it doesnt really matter who plays when for post season consideration. Sorry FSU.

So i would say, obviously see how it feels. If he's "good to go" let him run a bit and see how it goes. Minutes would correlate to how the game is going. After that he has 2 weeks and change to rest up and heal during the Morehead St., N Alabama, and Kennesaw St. stretch to be ready for Nebraska on 1/3/24

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I’d love to have him back for the Kansas game, but only if he’s 100% healthy. If not, let’s see what Gunn can do on the big stage. As well as he played against Michigan, I think he’s only scratching the surface, and it wouldn’t it be great for him to have true breakout game against Kansas?

• Like 7

Feels like it's a game we can win with proper mindset. If Cupps continues to play relatively mistake free and the sophomores continue to grow and play within themselves, I like our chances. At this point, we are playing with house money. To just split this four game stretch without XJ would feel like a win to me.

• Like 2