Auburn Post Game

Inequality

22 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

IU Scott and IU Joe are okay with settling and being mediocre.

Typical BS statement from someone who thinks pissing all over message boards means you have high standards.  I was an IU student the last time we won a National Championship.  No one wants another one more than I do.  I'm not about to help our fan base look like a bunch of damn fools on message boards, thinking that's going to help me get one.  Some of you are a lot bigger embarrassment than any basketball game will ever be.

Edited by IUJoe
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

Oh shucks, I dunno, maybe because the coaches they did hire currently have both their teams in the top 25? Point is, IU is no longer a blue blood. As much as it hurts to say, we are not a player in todays college basketball landscape. If we are, the university needs to grow some balls and act like it. You don’t hire 98 year old sleepy Mike to put the final nail in the coffin. Dusty May. Michael Lewis. Dane Fife. Any of the three would be immediate upgrades if we insist on “keeping it in the family.” If we don’t want an IU guy, then go hire anyone in the top 25-40, any would be an upgrade over Woody. Hell, go hire Chris Hawkins from Attucks lol. He’d be an upgrade too 

To me our mediocrity isn't just based on bad coaching or AD's. Since RMK left we have had 6 coaches, 5 AD's and 4 presidents. The BOT has all changed in that time so there is more to it than just keep firing people. Maybe we are cursed or that we had touch success under RMK and now is time for IU fans to be humbled. We need to change the culture around the program and maybe tear down all the old traditions.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me our mediocrity isn't just based on bad coaching or AD's. Since RMK left we have had 6 coaches, 5 AD's and 4 presidents. The BOT has all changed in that time so there is more to it than just keep firing people. Maybe we are cursed or that we had touch success under RMK and now is time for IU fans to be humbled. We need to change the culture around the program and maybe tear down all the old traditions.

Look at the hires…Davis. Crean. Arch. Mike. Come on. You think those guys get hired at a true blue blood? That’s as lazy and half assed as you possibly can be. The university needs to match the fanbases effort. And it’s easy to see, we are on the opposite end of the spectrum in our outlook, but at the end of the day I respect your opinion and mean no disrespect. We both want the program to win, and win big, and I just don’t think that agenda is being pushed hard enough from the people who can actually drive change.

Edited by IndyHoosier
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He had a great prediction last year - were did that get us in terms of Woody's two goals? 

I'm not sure how relevant your last statement is to the conversation at hand...Some were kicking dirt on us right after the Penn State loss last year...

But it was those who believed in that team and coach that were vindicated... 

Woody's been here a little over 2 years... He's produced 2 NCAA teams, the 2nd one finishing 2nd in the league in spite of losing XJ and having the toughest Big 10 schedule...

So I know patience is not a virtue to many on here, but come on... 

Let's see how it plays out... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Wasn’t able to watch today….what the heck happened? I taped the game, but doubt I’ll watch it considering the outcome.

Auburn played their best game of the year and Indiana played their worst. Auburn hit 8 more threes, had 9 less turnovers and 11 more assists. Their guard play was many classes better than ours today.

Overall, we did a terrific job keeping their star Broome to only 2 points. Rebounding was even today which is a plus because that was a concern earlier in the year. Fouls were similar for both team and Indiana attempted 6 more free throws.  

We can't win when another team hit 8 more threes and we lose 9 more possessions to turnovers.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure how relevant your last statement is to the conversation at hand...Some were kicking dirt on us right after the Penn State loss last year...

But it was those who believed in that team and coach that were vindicated... 

Woody's been here a little over 2 years... He's produced 2 NCAA teams, the 2nd one finishing 2nd in the league in spite of losing XJ and having the toughest Big 10 schedule...

So I know patience is not a virtue to many on here, but come on... 

Let's see how it plays out... 

I certainly don’t want to make this about last year, but if that end result was vindicated there is a fundamental difference in our standards. I’ll side with the great Mike Woodson, he knows more than all of us, and he says Big Ten Titles and National Titles are the standard.

Year 1: Miracle run to even make the First Four, got embarrassed in the round of 64.

Year 2: Embarrassed in the first weekend

Year 3: Not tracking towards the tournament currently.

So yeah, things improved after Penn State but it still didn’t get to a good enough place. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I certainly don’t want to make this about last year, but if that end result was vindicated there is a fundamental difference in our standards. I’ll side with the great Mike Woodson, he knows more than all of us, and he says Big Ten Titles and National Titles are the standard.

Year 1: Miracle run to even make the First Four, got embarrassed in the round of 64.

Year 2: Embarrassed in the first weekend

Year 3: Not tracking towards the tournament currently.

So yeah, things improved after Penn State but it still didn’t get to a good enough place. 

I think in year two finishing 2nd in the league and winning a tournament game is alright for year two. Unless you thought we should already been the final 4 I would say your expectations are out of whack.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Auburn played their best game of the year and Indiana played their worst. Auburn hit 8 more threes, had 9 less turnovers and 11 more assists. Their guard play was many classes better than ours today.

Overall, we did a terrific job keeping their star Broome to only 2 points. Rebounding was even today which is a plus because that was a concern earlier in the year. Fouls were similar for both team and Indiana attempted 6 more free throws.  

We can't win when another team hit 8 more threes and we lose 9 more possessions to turnovers.

Well, at least it wasn’t all bad. Just don’t understand how we could possibly give up over a 100 pts to anybody. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think in year two finishing 2nd in the league and winning a tournament game is alright for year two. Unless you thought we should already been the final 4 I would say your expectations are out of whack.

I think it’s alright but it sure doesn’t look like we are building on it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MSHoosier said:

Don't know where that is coming from. I saw three McD's boys, a six year and a four year guard and thought we should be good. The guards have not been good enough, and that was certainly true today. 

Just my personal opinion I guess. From an evaluation standpoint, I didn’t think we’d have the guard play to compete at a very high level. Yes, our bigs are super talented but we have next to no perimeter shot makers, nor can they create off the bounce. In order for Woodson’s system to flourish, he needs high level guard play. We just don’t have that on this roster.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tjd said their goal was Final Four. I’m not saying Final Four…that was TJD. Nonetheless, a second weekend trip with the best player in the country and a top 20 draft pick point guard shouldn’t be all that much to ask.

• Like 2