Kansas Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This one concerns me a lot. Adams draws a lot of fouls and Malik commits a lot of fouls, Adams gets a lot of steals too, which could be a problem if he is guarding Malik. 

I'm not sure we have a choice... I don't think Malik on Dickinson would be good for us... 

18 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

That matchup is a problem both ways

Malik can foul Adams out as well

True... We just have to hope both Malik and Kel'el can win their matchups, because I think McCullar is a bad matchup for us... 

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not sure we have a choice... I don't think Malik on Dickinson would be good for us... 

True... We just have to hope both Malik and Kel'el can win their matchups, because I think McCullar is a bad matchup for us... 

I don't think you're wrong, I just am concerned about it.

Fouls/turnovers for Malik in an Adams matchup, rebounding in general, and the three point discrepancy are probably my biggest concerns heading into this game. 

I think Kel'el Ware has to have a huge game for us to win this...

Everybody knows Dickinson will stretch the boundaries into dirty play...Kel'el has to ignore that and just play hard...The Cardwell kid from Auburn took him out of the game with rough play, and I expect Dickinson to try the same stuff...

• Like 3

I will say that I won’t be surprised if we pull out a win and our problems will still persist for the next few weeks. 

Although we can’t guarantee the team will show up with the intensity they need on any given night, you can almost guarantee that the fans will show up with the intensity this team can feed off of. Assembly Hall has a way of willing these guys to hustle and play hard defense.

I give us a 40% chance to win. And there’s also no doubt that Gallo plays much better at home - so he is my pick to click. 

Edited by tdhoosier

50 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

40%

I'm pretty optimistic.   Chemistry and vibe was improving around my thoughts with the team.  With X being out extended and the whomping they took to Auburn.  I just don't feel good about this.  It's totally different than UNC coming in last year.  Everyone new they had traveled from Hawaii and we were about to take them to the wood shed.  Even in magical Assembly Hall can give us 8-10 points, I feel we would need 5 more.  

I'm at like a 10%.  If this game is replayed in March I might be closer to 40.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

26 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It's totally different than UNC coming in last year. 

Agree because UNC ended up sucking last year. We legit had the better team all year. But it could be like when UNC visited in 2016 and had a bad night - that team ended up winning the NC and we won that game pretty handedly. 

Just now, tdhoosier said:

Agree because UNC ended up sucking last year. We legit had the better team all year. But it could be like when UNC visited in 2016 and had a bad night - that team ended up winning the NC and we won that game pretty handedly. 

Our team also beat Kansas early in that season. We were a really good team and just fell off of a cliff in what was Crean's last season. 

Not having XJ is going to hurt us on both ends...the starters are going to HAVE to play 34+ mins each, right? Right? 

I'd love to see MM have a solid game on both ends...hopefully Banks can have another stat stuffer game like he did earlier in the season. As long as there's some type of progress and effort, I think we'll be in the fight

• Like 1