Morehead State Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Positives… didn’t quit, won, and Anthony Walker. 

Pathetic performance otherwise. Missing FTs like we did is inexcusable. Didn’t guard the perimeter yet again. Can’t shoot. Not been mentioned, but I’m at a loss for words that Reneau isn’t smart enough to get that last rebound and kick it out with the shot clock turned off. Typical behavior though…. gets the ball and is determined to shoot at all cost unless he just can’t. 

Thought the same thing on the kick out. it’s only a 20 second clock and they would have fouled any way But he should have definitely kicked it out

Just now, 94hoosier said:

Thought the same thing on the kick out. it’s only a 20 second clock and they would have fouled any way But he should have definitely kicked it out

My bad, was thinking it reset to .30, but that’s not right. Regardless, shouldn’t have shot it for two reasons… to kill more clock and bc we don’t want him shooting free throws. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Pathetic performance otherwise. Missing FTs like we did is inexcusable. Didn’t guard the perimeter yet again. Can’t shoot. Not been mentioned, but I’m at a loss for words that Reneau isn’t smart enough to get that last rebound and kick it out with the shot clock turned off. Typical behavior though…. gets the ball and is determined to shoot at all cost unless he just can’t. 

Dont forget the Galloway heat check 3 and MM's 3 out of the timeout late. From a team that doesnt take or make 3's. MM's we were up 1.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

We still would had to shoot because the shot clock was less than the game clock. We got the rebound at 28 seconds and the shot clock only goes back to 20 after an offensive rebound 

Just now, NWOHoosier said:

Anyone have any idea what was up with Reneau after the game?  Seemed very upset and had to guided off the court by Sparks. Didn’t seem to have anything to do with a Morehead player. Kept looking toward the stands. 

Saw that too. I’m betting that somebody said something to him about his missed FTs or the game in general. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWOHoosier said:

Anyone have any idea what was up with Reneau after the game?  Seemed very upset and had to guided off the court by Sparks. Didn’t seem to have anything to do with a Morehead player. Kept looking toward the stands. 

Looked like he was pointing to the stands... Not sure what had him do upset... 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

We still would had to shoot because the shot clock was less than the game clock. We got the rebound at 28 seconds and the shot clock only goes back to 20 after an offensive rebound 

I know. I already got corrected on that, but do you want him going right back up with it or killing more clock and somebody else getting fouled?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Totally agree. And this wasn't the only time coming down the stretch. When Banks was in he grabbed an offensive rebound trapped under the under the basket and still tried to force it up rather than dribble out and reset. I have been observing this same thing going on all season, and my conclusion is that CMW is coaching them to go up no matter what and avoid passing or resetting after an offensive rebound. Only explanation.

• Like 1