Morehead State Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, DWB said:

If "Woody" or "coach Woody" was bothered by players calling him that, you think he would hold it in and not tell them? (hint: Not a chance in hell).

I remember the clip where players imitated Woody's behavior and mannerisms. Woody loved it. Confirms there is a real connection between the players and coach.

And yes, I can call him Woody, because he's several years younger than me. He's just a pup to me. To you Millenials and Gen Z'ers, he's an old man. But to some of us he's well into the "sweet spot" in life.

so you're saying if you're older than someone you can call them whatever you want?  i mean, okay i guess.  i'm not exactly a spring chicken, but i just have an old fashioned sense of sir, Mr., Coach, etc. when i don't have a close relationship with someone.  just seems like being respectful.  it's all right if most of you disagree.  i personally just think it's weird.  i think that about a lot of modern basketball things though.  

25 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so you're saying if you're older than someone you can call them whatever you want?  i mean, okay i guess.  i'm not exactly a spring chicken, but i just have an old fashioned sense of sir, Mr., Coach, etc. when i don't have a close relationship with someone.  just seems like being respectful.  it's all right if most of you disagree.  i personally just think it's weird.  i think that about a lot of modern basketball things though.  

There's a difference between meeting someone in person, and talking about them on a message board...

If I were to meet Coach Woodson in person, that's exactly how I'd address him...That's just being polite...

If Walker and the other kids are comfortable enough to call him "Woody" (and if you listen to the post game, most of the beat writers call him that too) and he's ok with it, I don't see an issue... 

Edited by IUFLA

29 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so you're saying if you're older than someone you can call them whatever you want? 

That is NOT what I said. 

I said if Woody had a problem with someone calling him "Woody" he would let them know. Since he doesn't have a problem being called Woody by all accts (of his own), why would I not call him Woody as well? 

I'm older than most of you on here, and you think I'm going to call you "Mr NCHoosier"? You better think again.

The bottom line is that I didn't say I could call him anything I want, because I was older. Words mean things. Your accusation that I could call him anything I want is totally without merit.

Glad I didn’t watch this game.  Looking at stats, it’s clear our FT performance was a killer .  Im surprised that nobody has mentioned the weak showing by our Big.  Ware had only 6 RBs in 30+ mins and his shooting was as bad as anyone.  Disappointing in light of his size and experience level.   

9 minutes ago, John S said:

Glad I didn’t watch this game.  Looking at stats, it’s clear our FT performance was a killer .  Im surprised that nobody has mentioned the weak showing by our Big.  Ware had only 6 RBs in 30+ mins and his shooting was as bad as anyone.  Disappointing in light of his size and experience level.   

Yeah, he was a no show in the first half. Very passive. They kept trapping him in the post and he didn’t respond well. IU made some adjustments at half and he was better. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

There's a difference between meeting someone in person, and talking about them on a message board...

If I were to meet Coach Woodson in person, that's exactly how I'd address him...That's just being polite...

If Walker and the other kids are comfortable enough to call him "Woody" (and if you listen to the post game, most of the beat writers call him that too) and he's ok with it, I don't see an issue... 

He is my/ our age. 

I’d call him Mike.

• Like 2