Morehead State Post Game Thread

KDB

I legit only watched the last 30 seconds because I thought I was going to vomit watching that game unfold. 

Im happy for our guys that we won that game but I don’t see this team making the tourney. Hope I’m wrong but we have such a glaring weakness (guard play, leadership) that it will continue to get exposed and it’s too late to make any roster changes. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I figured Lathon was going score once Reneau switched on him. The game turned when we picked up the defense on Lathon who didn't score in the last 10 minutes 

He couldn’t see either but we will take it how we can get it. That’s always my motto when it comes to Morehead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You think if that’s a B1G game, MR doesn’t get called in that?

Have you ever watched B1G basketball? The refs let the defense commit borderline assault. At the end of games defenders get even more leeway. So no, there is a 0% chance B1G refs call a foul on either team on that possession.

• Like 2

Just now, 94hoosier said:

Huge game by Walker

Malik made a defensive play at the end I thought he wasn’t capable of making.  Got down in a stance and contested the shot. All you can ask for. 

Still no bad losses. Come march it’s win no matter the margin 

Walker is earning his minutes. Really good addition.

• Like 5

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I'd take a loss tonight if we got the foul called on HD with 1:50 on Saturday. 

I get what you’re saying and that no call sucked, but there were plenty both ways that game. We just got a friendly whistle all night tonight.

Not complaining about it, I’d much rather win this game than lose it. 

• Like 1

Positives… didn’t quit, won, and Anthony Walker. 

Pathetic performance otherwise. Missing FTs like we did is inexcusable. Didn’t guard the perimeter yet again. Can’t shoot. Not been mentioned, but I’m at a loss for words that Reneau isn’t smart enough to get that last rebound and kick it out with the shot clock turned off (Correction: it reset to .20, not .30… but general point stands.) Typical behavior though…. gets the ball and is determined to shoot at all cost unless he just can’t. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 5