Nebraska Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Two things that we used to be able to count on in every game was… 

1. Smart, team basketball on both ends. This IU team might have the lowest basketball IQ of any team I can remember. 

2. Shooting and security. I also don’t remember when we had either of those. 

Those days are over.

2 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

I won’t be upset if a handful of guys leave this offseason… PLEASE get some guys who have an understanding of the game and how to play it. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Can we please add about 4-5 others as well? 

Just with the guys out of eligibility, turning pro alone, our roster will look radically different. Throw in a couple of transfers and it might be downright unrecognizable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What's hard for me to be positive about is that we've played 6 real teams (including tonight) and in half of those games we've gotten completely destroyed. 

It's one thing to lose, we're not even competitive. 

Don’t you dare start talking about analytics! 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What's hard for me to be positive about is that we've played 6 real teams (including tonight) and in half of those games we've gotten completely destroyed. 

It's one thing to lose, we're not even competitive. 

Yeah, I’ve tried to be positive to this point. But everything points to us just being a bad team. I can’t think of one thing that we do that could be considered a strength.

• Like 2

How easy is IU to guard? You don't have to be near a perimeter player. You can sit in the lane and double anything inside. You won't see a Hoosier move to an open spot 99% of the time whether it's a drive by a teammate or a post pass. Statues.

I'd expect this on the road the rest of the season. I'd expect some losses at home because of similar issues and poor FT shooting. 

The question is, once Ware leaves and likely some others, can you add more than one five star? Where is IUs international recruit/beast? Where's the legit PG? Where's the horses needed to compete because this is not working?

1 minute ago, JerseyHoosier said:

It also defies logic how one of the biggest line ups in the nation can't rebound. How is this possible??

Yes.  How many times our shooter from any position is watched by all 4 team mates and none are in postfir a RB.  A good coach can fix that.   Izzo wouldn’t let any of these guys play so soft and weak.