Wisconsin Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

Hard to feel remotely confident in this one. Even good IU teams can’t win at Wisconsin.

In my opinion, it feels like we need XJ to start acting like a 6th year senior if we want this, and most of our remaining games vs good competition, to be close. He feels like our best chance at getting impact guard play. Unfortunately that really just shows how big of a weakness our guards are.

11 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Hard to feel remotely confident in this one. Even good IU teams can’t win at Wisconsin.

In my opinion, it feels like we need XJ to start acting like a 6th year senior if we want this, and most of our remaining games vs good competition, to be close. He feels like our best chance at getting impact guard play. Unfortunately that really just shows how big of a weakness our guards are.

I actually think if you want to get better you kick him off of the team. The players will respond one of two ways, and that’ll tell you a lot about them either way.

Our best lineup, and one of the best in the country, is actually Cupps, Galloway, Mgbako, Reneau, and Ware. Play those 5 as much as you can, rotate in Walker and Gunn to spell guys. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I actually think if you want to get better you kick him off of the team. The players will respond one of two ways, and that’ll tell you a lot about them either way.

Our best lineup, and one of the best in the country, is actually Cupps, Galloway, Mgbako, Reneau, and Ware. Play those 5 as much as you can, rotate in Walker and Gunn to spell guys. 

Kicking him off would certainly make us better than we’ve been 3 out of the last 4 games. I’d be fine with doing that and start developing for next year. But that’d basically be waving the white flag on this season.

Do you have the lineup stats for those 5 you referenced? I can’t find anywhere that has them for free. It’s tough for me to buy that’s one of the better lineups in the country when one of them is the 3rd worst offensive player in the big ten by offensive rating.

21 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Kick the one fighter off the team. Why?

Its Indiana that's why.

Since we have ZERO other dawgs, bring me kelvin sampson and 7 more XlJohnsons.

30 years of "do it our way" to the bottom. Houston is ..... FVCKING houston is top 10, another Sampson team WINNING.

This IU Chicago Cubs connection has to end. !!!

WOODY, get Zeke in here STAT to teach these kids how to be mean !

Bad Davison is a dirty SOB! ! ! ! that O would love to cheer for on an IU team

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

AHHH the token IU Boot. Vegas at -11.5.

I love LOVE LOVE IU, but this is more brutal than 3 divorces and losing 2 houses. I follow IU bball like I am looking for an infection that burns when I pee. and pay good money for the burn. I swear I must be slickdexlic!

• Like 1

We are never healthy lol. It’s amazing. Gone are the days of people playing hurt. Hell it wasn’t that long ago Gordon was playing with a freaking broken wrist or Hulls with a dislocated shoulder. Those would be season ending in today’s game. Players are soft today. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

i blame all the foot and ankle injuries on the foot wear. no kid wears high top shoes anymore. a lot of mesh being worn.

Are failed condoms the cause for the lack of strong swimmers? Letting the weak come to the head of the stream? 

On 1/18/2024 at 12:15 PM, SawatchHoosier said:

Let's start Sparks, Walker, Gunn, XJ and Banks. The refs will foul them out in the first 5 minutes and think the reserves are coming after that. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

Sparks gets the start per pre game radio interview. 

I just know Woodson is going to trot out my starting lineup!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

Kicking him off would certainly make us better than we’ve been 3 out of the last 4 games. I’d be fine with doing that and start developing for next year. But that’d basically be waving the white flag on this season.

Do you have the lineup stats for those 5 you referenced? I can’t find anywhere that has them for free. It’s tough for me to buy that’s one of the better lineups in the country when one of them is the 3rd worst offensive player in the big ten by offensive rating.

Yeah, definitely surprising. Here ya go, plus a comparison of the lineup with X in place of Cupps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I think someone needs to check Woodson to see if he is clinically insane 

Didn’t he say after TJD and race moved on we would see a more perimeter oriented team? Even when given the opportunity we haven’t seen it. That’s why I’m skeptical things will change next year even if we’re supposedly gonna hit the portal hard.

Edited by 02Hoosier
  • Like 2