Wisconsin Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

52 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This, cut out the long twos, and focus on rebounding and we could win some games.

Imperfect roster or not, we aren’t close to getting the most out of it. That’s what is the most frustrating part of the season IMO. 

I couldn't agree more. The number of times we pass up an open 3 with a close out coming to take an off-balanced, long 2, is just maddening. That and the fact that we play huge line-ups and get thoroughly out rebounded. I don't understand how that can happen so many times.

• Like 5

This gonna get ugly. Hoosiers are only 40 years into the 100 year curse like the cubs went into. Sad to say, but the wheels totally come off now. I'm so sad that I have to admit this. Tragically pathetic. Sorry guys. I'm 100% sunshine, but the sun done setted on this program.

And Dusty would be a total fool to even accept a phone call. We have gremlins thanks to Myles Brandt. Pour out some piss on his grave !   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This, cut out the long twos, and focus on rebounding and we could win some games.

Imperfect roster or not, we aren’t close to getting the most out of it. That’s what is the most frustrating part of the season IMO. 

Yes, to me it is the 3 simplest things to work on.  One, I shorten the bench way up and 3 of Galloway, Mgbako, Ware, and Reneau are on the floor at all times.  Quite a bit of practice would be spent on revisiting the fundamentals of rebounding.  Additionally, I tell the guards to follow their shots and stick around for boards.  No more leaking out or back.  There were several instances against Purdue where we put up a 3 and the ball rebounded back to almost exactly where the shooter was at.  Problem being our shooter was already half way down the court back to the defensive side.  Follow your shots guards.  Finally, like you said, all the step in the arc 2's should be 3's.  Stop shot faking into worse shots.  Just put up what is there when you receive the ball.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

The team is on life support right now. Will we get better or take a turn for the worse?

We know how we play on the road; I see nothing changing especially if x lays another egg.

I wouldn't even play X in my scenario above.  Not until he has demonstrated he has his head back on again.  It would be Cupps for 33+ minutes and short bursts of Leal or Gunn when he needs a rest.  I am either rewarding the 4 year guy or trying to develop the sophomore.  I am frankly done with the 24 year old head case.  He doesn't help us win now and he won't be here later.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

This gonna get ugly. Hoosiers are only 40 years into the 100 year curse like the cubs went into. Sad to say, but the wheels totally come off now. I'm so sad that I have to admit this. Tragically pathetic. Sorry guys. I'm 100% sunshine, but the sun done setted on this program.

And Dusty would be a total fool to even accept a phone call. We have gremlins thanks to Myles Brandt. Pour out some piss on his grave !   

5a2198a57cf769b5e31a67fb40ff2317.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Dusty would take the job in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Wisconsin lost their last game...we got blown out our last game to our hated rival. Something tells me Wisconsin will be more pissed and hungry. Would be very surprised if we won. More than likely, another double digit loss. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Usually I like our chances in a bounce back game. But at the Kohl center, I think Wiscy is going to take our lunch, eat it in front of us and then make out with our mom's while maintaining eye-contact with our distraught faces. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Haha 6

18 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I hate Wisconsin basketball with the passion of one million suns. If by some miracle we finally get a dub in Kohl Center, I will be very, very satisfied. 

After Wisconsin put up like 88 points on IU football back in the day, i have had a total hatred for everything Wisconsin sports.  I hate that state and its sports so much, i even root for for their pop warner teams to lose every game.  I loath Wisconsin.  I hope every person who wakes up in that state stubs their little toe on a daily basis.  And losing for 20+ straight years at the Kohls Center hasn't improved my disposition on the matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Usually I like our chances in a bounce back game. But at the Kohl center, I think Wiscy is going to take our lunch, eat it in front of us and then make out with our mom's while maintaining eye-contact with our distraught faces. 

Dibs on Liam’s mom if we are making out with moms. 

• Haha 4

If Wisco didn’t lose last game I think we’d have a chance. 

My gut says IU comes out and plays hard early, but only shows “quality basketball” for like 10-20 of the 40 minutes. Purdue showed last game how easy it is to beat us- double either Ware or Reneau and force our guards to beat them. Gallo only plays well at home and X has been bi-polar this year. We either take bad shots or are incapable of making easy ones. 

Only way I see us winning is if we win the rebound, foul, and turnover battle and Wisco has an off shooting night. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

If Wisco didn’t lose last game I think we’d have a chance. 

My gut says IU comes out and plays hard early, but only shows “quality basketball” for like 10-20 of the 40 minutes. Purdue showed last game how easy it is to beat us- double either Ware or Reneau and force our guards to beat them. Gallo only plays well at home and X has been bi-polar this year. We either take bad shots or are incapable of making easy ones. 

Only way I see us winning is if we win the rebound, foul, and turnover battle and Wisco has an off shooting night. 

We'll hold steady until two of Bako, Ware, or Reneau get 2 fouls in the first half.....and then we see a line up with X, Banks and Gunn on the floor at the same time. 

Sound about right? 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

We'll hold steady until two of Bako, Ware, or Reneau get 2 fouls in the first half.....and then we see a line up with X, Banks and Gunn on the floor at the same time. 

Sound about right? 

Bako, Ware and Reneau already have two fouls each

• Haha 3

When Northwestern played at Wisconsin this past weekend, I think their entire roster including the coaches, the water boy, the mascot and the player's family members in the stands all had at least 2 fouls by halftime. So yeah, not looking forward to that aspect of this game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1