Wisconsin Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I wonder when the last time was that IU was a double-digit underdog in back-to-back games?

Maybe during Crean's first season or two?

Do we have any soccer or baseballplayers wanting to play as well... so sad our State of affairs are in

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Will very likely be three straight. I suspect it will be 10+ at Illinois, as well

I will say I like our chances against IL, much more than Wiscy. If our chance to win against Wiconsin, per Kenpom, is 10%, then I'd put our chance to win against IL in the 30's.

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I will say I like our chances against IL, much more than Wiscy. If our chance to win against Wiconsin, per Kenpom, is 10%, then I'd put our chance to win against IL in the 30's.

Neither is very good or likely to happen, but it is entertaining seeing the optimism of some. And please don’t take offense to that because I’m the opposite and need a more balanced perception sometimes that makes me think “maybe it could happen”. Nah, who am I fooling? 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I wonder when the last time was that IU was a double-digit underdog in back-to-back games?

Maybe during Crean's first season or two?

Well if we don’t turn things around this team will be the worst team we’ve had, sans those first few Crean years, since before Knight was coach. 

• Like 1

This is what WI does very well. Identify and develop players like this that IU would never look at due to ranking

The main name to know off the bench is true freshman John Blackwell, a 6-foot-4 guard from Brother Rice in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. Ranked just 212th nationally in the final 247Composite rankings, Blackwell had a lot of mid to low-major interest, but Wisconsin saw a shooter and slasher who could make an impact. Blackwell is 15-for-31 on 3s and has attempted 60 free throws despite just playing 18.6 minutes per game. Blackwell is shooting 83.3 percent from the line.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2024/01/19/what-to-expect-indiana-at-wisconsin/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

If we are using KenPom for both, we have an 11% chance tonight and a 9% chance against Illinois. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Neither is very good or likely to happen, but it is entertaining seeing the optimism of some. And please don’t take offense to that because I’m the opposite and need a more balanced perception sometimes that makes me think “maybe it could happen”. Nah, who am I fooling? 😂

No matter how pessimistic I'm feeling, I always try to post something positive in the pre game thread.  I try to find a reason to give myself hope and pass that on.  This is my first post in the pre game thread for this game because I just can't find anything positive to feel about heading into it.  I'll be watching, cheering, screaming like always, but it's hard to see this one going our way.  Hopefully they surprise us.  Go Hoosiers. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

My earlier quote and question about the odds was out of ignorance.  I don't gamble and never learned what all the +- mean when it comes to betting.  Sorry if it was an ignorant post.

Nothing we've seen so far this season suggests this will be a game or in any way close. I'm just looking for signs of life on both ends.

Where's the defense and rebounding? Do they even get open looks on offense? Does it look like they have a clue of how to run the offense 

I'd expect the typical parade to the foul line for the badgers. Really no reason to belabor the point. They either figure it out or they don't. 

• Like 2

I predict my pre-game cocktail will be refreshing, my steak will be perfectly medium rare, and that the Big Ten referees will continue with their orchestrated campaign against us. And the Negative Nancy Whine & Cheese Club will conduct another exercise of whining disguised as factual posting, whatever the outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Well if we don’t turn things around this team will be the worst team we’ve had, sans those first few Crean years, since before Knight was coach. 

I have been going through this in my mind as far as my lifetime.  This team is far worse than Knight's 76-77 or 84-85 teams.

• Sad 1