IU @ Wisconsin game thread

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is exactly why I’m worried regarding Woodson. Woodson is convinced 2 bigs is the way to go even if it means starting a mid major caliber player like Sparks. This would’ve been the perfect time to play small against Wisconsins relatively unathletic team…but what do I know? 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I really like Galloway, but it’s hard to understand how a senior can play so poorly on the road. He’s a completely different player at home.

He and X will never change.  We’ve seen their games for years now.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

Another long 2.  At some point you have to accept that the coaches endorse those shots.  If the head coach is encouraging it, where are the assistants?

we know he doesnt endorse 3's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

Kind of amazing how bad our offense looked when X came in. Gabe runs the offense so much better. 

The announcers mentioned the 13-2 run but were too polite to point out it coincided with X checking in. 

X should have to earn his time and not have it gifted to him.   

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Keep on shooting those long 2’s boys. SMH 

Between our fans and literally every single commentator I listen to call our games seeing it, idk why our players and staff don’t see the pure insanity in it. 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 3

Another long 2.  At some point you have to accept that the coaches endorse those shots.  If the head coach is encouraging it, where are the assistants?

That’s at least 4 that I can think of… and none of them were at the end of the shot clock. Most of them came within the first 10 seconds of the possession 

• Like 1

This is what makes me really question the coaching. Other stuff you can say is on the players (hitting 3’s, making FT’s, turnovers) but it’s very clear at this point that Woody wants these guys taking the least efficient shot in the game, which we do more than almost any other team in CBB at one of the worst hit rates 

• Like 1

I’ve never seen so many players on the same team so easy to fake into a running jump.  It’s comical they don’t know how to maintain a defensive position.   Also,  they seem to think they must dribble before either a shot or a pass.  Look how quickly WI passes the ball sround until open shot.  These are basic bball skills. 

• Like 1