Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I'll add that the officiating was truly pathetic. Not a chance that was a flagrant on Xavier, nor was it goaltending on Ware. But both got called/reviewed because the Iowa bench asked for it. Just like the Wisconsin and Illinois games. Yet the undercut that led to Xavier's injury wasn't reviewed at all. It's clear there's a hierarchy in this conference, and Woodson is getting the short end of that sick.

XJ wasn't called for a flagrant tonight

• Haha 1

"It's not hard to stay ready." That's what Leal said about the opportunity in his post game interview. This is the kind of player you want at Indiana. I don't care that we barely won, that we did a screw job on a 15 point lead and that Iowa might suck. The fact of the matter is this is kind of kid we want on this team. If the rest of this team comes with 1/2 the preparation and heart the Leal comes with then good things will happen. I say let the Former Indiana Mr. Basketball and Bloomington South Guard loose at Purdue. I say ride or die with the Leal Estate Agent. I know I'm not supposed to be excited about this win but I got hyped up when I heard him Leal "It's not hard to stay ready." 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

The wrap up on galloway was a f1 by rule. Two hand grab from behind no play on the ball

MM got called for one similar and X a few games ago. didn’t even go look at it

I can't believe we didn't have guys screaming about that. It seemed very clear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

"It's not hard to stay ready." That's what Leal said about the opportunity in his post game interview. This is the kind of player you want at Indiana. I don't care that we barely won, that we did a screw job on a 15 point lead and that Iowa might suck. The fact of the matter is this is kind of kid we want on this team. If the rest of this team comes with 1/2 the preparation and heart the Leal comes with then good things will happen. I say let the Former Indiana Mr. Basketball and Bloomington South Guard loose at Purdue. I say ride or die with the Leal Estate Agent. I know I'm not supposed to be excited about this win but I got hyped up when I heard him Leal "It's not hard to stay ready." 

What was funny about my post above. They reviewed it and was just a regular foul or did I miss another one

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

I listened to the radio call due to work travel. I am just now watching the game.

Question:

How did Ware not break the backboard on his banked three? I have NEVER seen a shot have that much pace. 

That was a dang comet!

Wait til you see his dunk in the second half... he dunked that $&%# HARD

• Like 1

I know Leal hit some shots, played solid defense....just a solid game.

But what really stands out is that he knows exactly where he and his teammates need to be at all times,  at both ends of the court.

Almost never out of position. Almost never in the wrong place. And typically gets his teammates in position along the way.

Smart player.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What was funny about my post above. They reviewed it and was just a regular foul or did I miss another one

I interpreted your comment more as a jab/joke towards Big Ten refs and their comedy of errors in nearly every game. Especially, the technical that XJ had in the Illinois game. 

2 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I'm super pumped about this win. Glad we pulled it out.

That said, I think we win going away if Galloway isn't doing his best "Bad" Troy Williams impersonation. Seemingly handing over TOs like Halloween candy.

Don't feel especially pumped that we let a 15 point lead turn into a deficit, but I agree it wouldn't have been close had not Galloway forgotten how to play basketball. And of course he missed a few free throws in there for good measure, but so did everyone else.

Just now, MSHoosier said:

Don't feel especially pumped that we let a 15 point lead turn into a deficit, but I agree it wouldn't have been close had not Galloway forgotten how to play basketball. And of course he missed a few free throws in there for good measure, but so did everyone else.

Good win! Yay!  😜

7 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I know Leal hot some shots, played solid defense....just a solid game.

But what really stands out is that he knows exactly where he and his teaches need to be at all times at both ends of the court.

Almost never out of position. Almost never in the wrong place. And typically gets his teammates in position along the way.

Smart player.

What I like about him most, honestly, is he rebounds. Guards rebounding really, really make a big difference getting into the offense quicker. This team is so much better when they play faster but under control. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gutsy, gutsy win. Despite some of the sloppy play in the 2nd half, that type of toughness is Indiana basketball!

So incredibly happy for Anthony Leal, and his answer on BTN was must-see for any kid. A breath of fresh air in the age if transferring the second something gets too hard. 

Great substations down the stretch by Woodson. 

While we have to caveat that Iowa isn't a great defensive team, I don't think it's a coincidence that we had one of our best offensive rebounding games with a smaller lineup. 

It allowed speed and quickness to take over, and with the floor spread Ware was often rebounding 1-on-1 as opposed to with a clogged lane. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Mike Woodson’s Twitter 

If it's just an elbow, maybe it's not as bad of an injury as it looked. I thought he may have broken his wrist or dislocated his shoulder/wrist. 

Edited by OGIUAndy