Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cupps. Stone cold. Now all eyes on injuries. Ware's presence was obvious. Hope we get Malik and X back. 

As a fan this was a weird one. So happy, so ticked, so ticked, so happy...and a big sigh of relief. Onto the next.

Sports iarw maddening. It's probably why we love it.

• Like 1

Very happy they pulled this one out. I was not expecting it when things got wild.  Hope X is not seriously hurt. Watching the offense clicking in the first half was impressive.  We saw some very important 3pt shots tonight, which will be useful in future.  Congrats especially to Ware all around and to Leal for his contributions.  Class act.  

• Like 1

Didn’t read the whole game thread so my apologies if this has been covered. Just curious if anyone thought that the quality of shots was better because there is so much more movement without the ball sticking with Malik. NOT SAYING IU is in any way better without Malik.  But when he returns could this be a real learning situation to improve the offense?  Malik plus movement could be really something. 

• Like 4

Just now, NWOHoosier said:

Didn’t read the whole game thread so my apologies if this has been covered. Just curious if anyone thought that the quality of shots was better because there is so much more movement without the ball sticking with Malik. NOT SAYING IU is in any way better without Malik.  But when he returns could this be a real learning situation to improve the offense?  Malik plus movement could be really something. 

Another thing is Iowa defense is pretty bad so we were able to get good open shots. 

• Like 1

Malik injured almost immediately, Mgbako with a poor shooting performance, bad free throw shooting, and a slew of ugly turnovers.  

Glad it was Iowa.  Glad it was at home.  A win is a win, but the overall play has to be better.

Ware with a ton of heart tonight.

I remember Leal having some solid performances as a freshman.   He just hasn't had the opportunity since until the last couple of games.  If he continues to shoot well, that will be huge for us.  

• Like 2

Some great play. Some poor. All effort though. 

Some teams are snakebit by injuries. Unfortunate for the kids and team. Really shows how important it is to have depth that can step in. Sadly IU doesn't have what they were hoping they'd have coming into the season. 

I'll add that the officiating was truly pathetic. Not a chance that was a flagrant on Xavier, nor was it goaltending on Ware. But both got called/reviewed because the Iowa bench asked for it. Just like the Wisconsin and Illinois games. Yet the undercut that led to Xavier's injury wasn't reviewed at all. It's clear there's a hierarchy in this conference, and Woodson is getting the short end of that sick.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Tough to tell with Malik. Looked like an ankle, probably a sprain. Didn’t look horrible on the replay and he walked (limped) off the court on his own power, but those sort of injuries can linger.

The way he got stepped on though…happened to me and it broke my metatarsal. Hope it’s just a sprain. 

Just now, Maedhros said:

I'll add that the officiating was truly pathetic. Not a chance that was a flagrant on Xavier, nor was it goaltending on Ware. But both got called/reviewed because the Iowa bench asked for it. Just like the Wisconsin and Illinois games. Yet the undercut that led to Xavier's injury wasn't reviewed at all. It's clear there's a hierarchy in this conference, and Woodson is getting the short end of that sick.

That made me so mad they didn’t even look at the undercut on X.

• Like 1