Iowa Post Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but isn't it fun when we are the better rebounding team? 

No. I like watching the other teams grab 15+ O boards, one of the reasons I tune in every game. 

Other favorites-- stepping on legos, pulling off hangnails, and folding laundry. 🙄

• Haha 7

Gutsy win for sure. Really glad that I was able to watch and enjoy. So happy for Leal. Kid deserved to have a day for sure. Big time shot by Cupps and even the 2 ft's made by TG after the x injury. Ware could be so so good loved his offensive rebounding and the teams offensive rebounding the second half. Not gonna talk about any of the negatives, had you told me prior to the game that we would lose 2 starters and Leal would be our 2nd leading scorer I would have thought we got run out of the building. Build on this. 

• Like 9

Have to give a lot of credit to our defense. Started at IL. The extra time off before that game helped. Iowa is a good offensive team and they were stymied due to Wares presence inside and a good job contesting shooters and forcing bad shots. Had we not had some careless turnovers and rebounded better, this would have been a blowout. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

No. I like watching the other teams grab 15+ O boards, one of the reasons I tune in every game. 

Other favorites-- stepping on legos, pulling off hangnails, and folding laundry. 🙄

I was with you until the laundry thing. That just went too far

• Haha 2

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but I am pretty sure Leal was hurt most of last year? I also think he has dealt with a lot of injuries during his time at IU. I don't think he should be playing starter minutes, but I do think he's earned the 10-15 minutes a game that a guy with is talent should be able to contribute and think he'll probably get it. 

46 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gutsy win for sure. Really glad that I was able to watch and enjoy. So happy for Leal. Kid deserved to have a day for sure. Big time shot by Cupps and even the 2 ft's made by TG after the x injury. Ware could be so so good loved his offensive rebounding and the teams offensive rebounding the second half. Not gonna talk about any of the negatives, had you told me prior to the game that we would lose 2 starters and Leal would be our 2nd leading scorer I would have thought we got run out of the building. Build on this. 

Great to see you back around. You were definitely missed.  🍻 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Apparently a fan account this morning said X and Malik’s x rays came back negative. 

Anyone hearing something similar? 

Chris on BTB said they could be back this season or early as this Saturday (depending the diagnosis). 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Not any any way saying that Leal should be playing 25 minutes a night, nor do I have an expectation of 13 points and 7 boards.

But........it sure doesnt hurt to give him 3-4 minutes in the first half to see if the game flow is a good fit. 

If it is, and he ends up getting more minutes, and subsequently goes 2-5 or 3-6 from 3, we are getting bench points that no on else coming off the bench is currently providing.

I'll be honest, there has been more than one game this season, especially when X was out with his foot, where Cupps appeared overmatched and Gunn was misfiring that I could not believe Leal wasn't getting a chance.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I think my favorite part of that is the stare down from Ware and Leal.  

and then he limped away. lol

Has anywhere mentioned how Ware is doing? He was holding his upper calf, not his ankle - I was wondering if he was just cramping up. 

(Forgive me if this was in the game thread; I didn't get to watch live.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

and then he limped away. lol

Has anywhere mentioned how Ware is doing? He was holding his upper calf, not his ankle - I was wondering if he was just cramping up. 

(Forgive me if this was in the game thread; I didn't get to watch live.)

I thought maybe cramping was the issue too... Whatever it was, he was able to push past it and give us a great effort... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

Now there's a name I haven't heard mentioned in a long time. I went to school with him one year in junior high school. He's definitely on the list of the five best shooters I've ever seen.

“The Rocket” is easily in the top five…would give Steph Curry a run for his money. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cthomas said:

Now there's a name I haven't heard mentioned in a long time. I went to school with him one year in junior high school. He's definitely on the list of the five best shooters I've ever seen.

Little before my time.  My earliest memories from college basketball would be 1975….wish there was better footage of games from the 1960s and early 1970s